Man with no legs refused a mobility scooter

I have just watched the B.B.C. News and a pensioner who has lost both legs.(diabetic) So he is housebound.

Why don't take one off of these young people who 1 day you see them in town on a scooter and the next day they are walking with a stick and give it to him?

How many genuine Forum members who use a scooter agree?

I really doubt he would have been denied a scooter unless it was impossible for him to drive it.

He served in the R.A.F. in the second world war.

He has full use of his hands and his brain so this is not a problem

They are probably waiting til the last possible opportunity to give him one. In the hope that he might die before he has the chance to enjoy a bit of independance to save a bit of money.

ok I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I didn't even have to read a link either.

They are probably waiting til the last possible opportunity to give him one. In the hope that he might die before he has the chance to enjoy a bit of independance to save a bit of money.

ok I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I didn't even have to read the link either.

I totally agree

Ask one of the MAFIA to give you the website it is on

Actually no, it's a thread you started and I cannot find a link which actually states the facts of this topic, so the responsibility for providing a link lies with you.

If someone has no legs then they automatically qualify for higher rate mobility portion of DLA, which gives those in receipt help with getting about, whether that's to pay for a scooter, leasing a car or paying for taxis when needed. If he didn't get that DLA then he didn't fill the forms in correctly and needs to get some professional advice.

Archived