Takapuna, strange notice on the door? Still open though.

dmjh

Just been past and a notice is on the window stating Landlord has taken back possession of the venue, and anyone trying to re enter will be liable for prosecution.

Any one know anything further? Has it been struggling?

It is still open i just asked someone i know who works there

nearly had me in tears places who are willing to play R & B music are few and far

Rumour has it that the owners of takapuna have also taken over the old crown inn (Scotland Street) which re opens on 20th october (i beleive)

It is only a rumour i know who owns the bar a private individual and can assure you he has no intention of giving it up anytime soon

Rumour has it that the owners of takapuna have also taken over the old crown inn (Scotland Street) which re opens on 20th october (i beleive)

If this is true, it would be nice if they paid their suppliers before opening another bar. I know some people that supply them and they owe thousands.

god I hope so, awful place! :gag:

How can you say that !!! Takapuna was / is a great place - admittedly some of the bar decor and finishing seemed a bit rushed and flimsy when they were put up but it has hosted some brilliant comedy nights upstairs in the past - both straight AND GAY - which must be a first in the country - and long may it continue to do so - I do hope the rumours of it closing down are false since I have often been known to drop in there for a martini and a natter with my girl friends ...

If this is true, it would be nice if they paid their suppliers before opening another bar. I know some people that supply them and they owe thousands.

really??? supose only time shall tell will eagerly await the opening on the new bar on the 20th Oct then

Yes it is a s***hole, but I walked past less then an hour ago and I am sorry to confirm that it is most definately open...:(

I'd be interested to know what you thought made it a s***hole, the decor, the prices, and if it was a s***hole I dread to think what you make of the rest of the "bars" on West Street, which IMO are all much worse than Takapuna is/was.

Or perhaps you just didn't get past the doormen one night ?

Archived