Takapuna, strange notice on the door? Still open though.

dmjh

I'd be interested to know what you thought made it a s***hole, the decor, the prices, and if it was a s***hole I dread to think what you make of the rest of the "bars" on West Street, which IMO are all much worse than Takapuna is/was.

Or perhaps you just didn't get past the doormen one night ?

Oh no, I've got past the doormen on a number of occasions and have never been refused entry...;)

How can you say that !!! Takapuna was / is a great place - admittedly some of the bar decor and finishing seemed a bit rushed and flimsy when they were put up but it has hosted some brilliant comedy nights upstairs in the past - both straight AND GAY - which must be a first in the country - and long may it continue to do so - I do hope the rumours of it closing down are false since I have often been known to drop in there for a martini and a natter with my girl friends ...

each to their own I suppose, I only went a handful of times I found it that bad. For me it felt like one of those places like Crystal thats full of townies who don't think they're townies because they're spending thirty nicker on a round of drinks. The door staff looked you up and down like you were trouble/scum just cos you weren't a scantily clad bright orange girl and the barstaff weren't much better. ******** to the place

Archived