Inn at Troway

bettsy0859

• 3 months later...

The location is dire. In the summer your experience is ruined with a plague of flies and the smell of drains hit you as soon as you get out the car. Our dreadful experience still ended up robbing us of £95 for 6 people ( and that was with 3 meals refunded)

The smell of the drains and the fly problem is because the decking outside is built on top of the sceptic tank!

HI

this is not a thread that i have started after having some mediocre meal.

i have tried and tried with this place.

in fact 4 times to be precise.

AWFUL!!!!!!!!

food is ok

service is dreadful

prices are a little on the dear side.

service is dreadful

they have a problem with flies

service is dreadful

the new(?) manager looks like he's doing you a favour serving you

Did i tell you the service is dreadful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rant::rant::rant:

were regular users of the inn and the flies have always been a problem,it would be so simple to put fly nets on windows as theyre coming from the fields,food wise ,a little pricey but excellent quality,service ok

• 3 weeks later...

Went here today, great food and great service!

3 courses for £15, i had Goats cheese and beetroot salad, Venison shepherds pie and bread and butter pudding. Other half had king prawns for starters and gammon for main (not part of the 3 for £15 menu). Came to £35 including 2 rounds of drinks.

Delicious, definately going back soon :)

The Inn at Troway is a pub with so much potential but it has not been able to get there. It has lasted so long thanks to the reputation of the Cricket Inn. The people that own it desrve more than the manager is giving them by the sound of it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived