Does anyone remember George Lucas?

Hi there everyone, does anyone Remember George Lucas? He used to live at 24 Fitzwilliam Street as a boy in 1936, his father was also George Lucas & a Shoe Repairer at that address. He later lived at the old house that stands back off Spital Hill which is now the yard for Carryliam Skips & after that he lived on Roe Lane Pitsmoor. In the 90s he used to have a Tool stall on the old umberella market. Any information would be very much appreciated thank you.

Did he have a shop/workshop on Spital St. in the 60's? He used to sharpen chisels there. Stern looking guy with acne scars on his face, If it's the same George I am thinking about, I used to see him regular, knocking about on Burngreave Rd. And sometimes on Rutland Rd. collecting bit's of scrap metal. Not seen him for some months now.

Yes i think he did, but i wasn't around then, sorry.

Did you know him? Think it is the same George Lucas, he was always up & down rutland Rd in his overalls (one mans rubbish is another mans treasure) & in & out of skips, don't know how he did it at is age. I am trying to find out anything about his past, if anybody knows anything? You probabley wont have seen him for some time now, he passed away over 2 years ago, sorry.

From your description, it looks very much like the George I am thinking about. The trouble is I last saw him less than a year ago, near the Pitsmoor Hotel, he was limping quite badly at the time.

Hi Pitsmoorboy,

A YEAR AGO? I think it must have been a lot longer than than that, sorry!! or not the same George Lucas, thats him at the side, under my user name.

Hi Pitsmoorboy,

A YEAR AGO? I think it must have been a lot longer than than that, sorry!! or not the same George Lucas, thats him at the side, under my user name.

Yes that's him, it certainly dont seem like Two year since i saw him last. And it doesn't even seem like Two year since I spoke to him last as well. But I had a feeling he may have passed away, he was not in the best of health when last I saw him.

He hadnt been very well for some years, but got really poorly christmas 2005 & went into Hospital Christmas eve, that would have been the last time anyone would have seen him around. He died 23 Feb 2006, so its coming upto 3 years soon. I have been trying to trace his family tree, with not much luck, he always told me he didnt want me digging about while he was alive, trouble is now hes gone, hes not made it very easy!!

Archived