Miserable residents in killamarsh getting pubs shut down

what is wrong wi people in killamarsh complaining about noise from pubs,,first navigation got shut down then blacksmiths got knocked down,then bull and badger got so many complaints they couldnt get a music licence,recently we have been going in the nags because they had a disco friday and saturday and late bar but that all went pear shaped when residents started to complain about noise,everybody now has to go out of the village for entertainment and pay taxi fares,were these people never young once? iv only lived here 8yrs but im sure these pubs were here b4 the houses,so y buy a house near a pub if you are gona complain,nobody complains at mosborough and its packed there every week,i dont think it hurts at weekends to hear a bit of noise,i live near bull and badger and we never hear anything,if people walk past and leave cans and bottles outside my house i just clean it up next day,give us a break u only live once,obviously these people have never lived at all.

I remember the Blacksmiths at the top of the hill from years ago, some buggers got a big house there now.... its the same wherever you go, pubs getting boarded up !!! No one goes out to pubs anymore, where you cant enjoy a ciggy with your pint (treehuggers!!) :thumbsup: That and the price of a pint v morrisons et al.. There will be very few traditional pubs anywhere before much longer.. unless they agree to smokers only pubs....:thumbsup: cue lambasting from anti smoking lobby... Try putting yer arguments to the families of the landlords forced to close up.... :suspect::thumbsup:

not everybody wants to drink at home,we are social drinkers,cant think of anthing sader than sat in house drinking,wots the point,im a non smoker and my husband smokes and i havnt got a problem with it,they should let people smoke in pubs after all its a public house.

what is wrong wi people in killamarsh complaining about noise from pubs,,first navigation got shut down then blacksmiths got knocked down,then bull and badger got so many complaints they couldnt get a music licence,recently we have been going in the nags because they had a disco friday and saturday and late bar but that all went pear shaped when residents started to complain about noise,everybody now has to go out of the village for entertainment and pay taxi fares,were these people never young once? iv only lived here 8yrs but im sure these pubs were here b4 the houses,so y buy a house near a pub if you are gona complain,nobody complains at mosborough and its packed there every week,i dont think it hurts at weekends to hear a bit of noise,i live near bull and badger and we never hear anything,if people walk past and leave cans and bottles outside my house i just clean it up next day,give us a break u only live once,obviously these people have never lived at all.

I think the issue these days is lack of respect from the revellers. When I was in my teens getting drunk, I was fully aware of the fact many of my neighbours would not appreciate me making a noise when coming home from a night out.

Sadly, many of these unwritten rules are being ignored (ie quiet from 11pm - 7am to allow for sleep) and as a consequence, peoples paitiece is running thin. Add to this the fact pubs don't close at a certain time like they used to, it all adds up to intolerance from local neighbours.

I think in the old days when pubs closed at 11.30 residents knew that by about 12.30 there would be quiet, simply because revellers had no where else to go.

TO all you people complaining about the residents, remember, one day you will have children who need their sleep. You may think al these people are boring farts, however remember this, one day, you will be settled down with a family

i am 42 and have got a family of my own,my daughter is grown up so i like to enjoy myself,not everbody wants to sit at home every week just cus there over 40,i cant understand how residents being one myself can here noise when everbody has double glazing,the reason people stand outside pubs making a noise is because they have to go outside to smoke so they cant win.

i am 42 and have got a family of my own,my daughter is grown up so i like to enjoy myself,not everbody wants to sit at home every week just cus there over 40,i cant understand how residents being one myself can here noise when everbody has double glazing,the reason people stand outside pubs making a noise is because they have to go outside to smoke so they cant win.

Like I said in my post, the unwritten rules of peace and quiet after 11pm seem to be observed less and less.

When I was younger, we used to go into town to get slaughtered and so were away from residential areas, that to me is where the problem lies, people getting drunk nears peoples homes