Miserable residents in killamarsh getting pubs shut down

do u realise how much it cost to get a taxi to town,about 15-20pounds one way,as if anybody can afford that,pubs are for drinking in,if u dont like it move away to a quiet country field somewere,im sure these pubs were here when u bought your house,people should chil out more.

I think the problem of cans and bottles being left outside peoples houses is a different issue to pub noise etc. The bottles and cans probably come from a completely different set of people to the pubgoers, ie the teenagers hanging around on streetcorners with nothing to do.

The Stab & Dagger....sorry BULL & BADGER was/is and always will be a complete dive!

There are some lovely pubs in and around Killamarsh - The Crown is nice, been there a few times and although it doesn't look too good - The Midland isn't bad. I'm not a pub drinker (infact not a drinker at all these days) - but I'd rather sip out of a puddle than go in the Bull & Badger or The Navi!

Mick :)

do u realise how much it cost to get a taxi to town,about 15-20pounds one way,as if anybody can afford that,pubs are for drinking in,if u dont like it move away to a quiet country field somewere,im sure these pubs were here when u bought your house,people should chil out more.

What's the problem?- if people who live in small towns that have pubs whose customers, rather than just having a drink, insist on making so much racket that the neighbours complain and get the pub shut down; and, don't like it, then they can simply move to central sheffield instead.

Loads of pubs, loads of noise, no complaints.

People should chill out more :)

Get a bus to town then, or share a taxi with friends if you want to be raucous. Even when I was at college in my teens, the local was a place to go for a few pints and relax, maybe even get drunk. If we were going out to cause mayhem, we went to town.

Nowadays, I can't go to a local pub just for a beer, because it's bingo (so the silence among the paying public has to be like a Cistercian monastery), or some God awful DJ blasting rubbish out to people who don't care, or <shudders> karaoke, or some other awful promotion/gaming type thing which just brings shrieking people in.

As things are, I have to stay in, or travel miles, to get some peace and quiet with a pint!

It's not about being miserable, but having some respect for those who live nearby. I really don't think that's too much to ask.

what is wrong wi people in killamarsh complaining about noise from pubs,,first navigation got shut down then blacksmiths got knocked down,then bull and badger got so many complaints they couldnt get a music licence,recently we have been going in the nags because they had a disco friday and saturday and late bar but that all went pear shaped when residents started to complain about noise,everybody now has to go out of the village for entertainment and pay taxi fares,were these people never young once? iv only lived here 8yrs but im sure these pubs were here b4 the houses,so y buy a house near a pub if you are gona complain,nobody complains at mosborough and its packed there every week,i dont think it hurts at weekends to hear a bit of noise,i live near bull and badger and we never hear anything,if people walk past and leave cans and bottles outside my house i just clean it up next day,give us a break u only live once,obviously these people have never lived at all.

You hit the nail on the head - you've only lived here 8 years.

The Navi was a first class underage drinkers paradise - and knock off joint for loose women and even looser men.

It was closed following recommendations from the police over "alleged" drug activity. Dealing was well known and following incidents with people from Burngreave - the landlord evacuated.

The Blacksmiths was always a dive and not the most pleasant of pubs even before it went bust.Although it always had afterbird before unlimited drinking was introduced.The houses were built years after its closure.

The B&B had a license - we used to visit on a Saturday for the live entertainment.Perhaps allowing underage drinking,drug dealing and a collection of the least favourable in the village didn't help the license app. Although the new landlord appears to be taking great steps to improve things.

The Nags isn't designed for a disco night - otherwise everybody wouldn't be double parking and trashing the green with parking.

Why should the rest of the village suffer for idiots going out boozing every weekend?

oh my god get a life people,the noise isnt that bad people exagerate and just like to moan,i shudnt have to go into town to av a gud night,and as for drugs its everywere just not the navi,they will never stop it,so were all idiots that go out boozing every weekend! iv got a mum and dad that stop in every week and lead a sad miserable life,like i said im in my 40s and i intend to enjoy every min of my life evan if that includes going to my local and getting drunk wich i only do once a week.

I would expect that most residents near the Nag's Head are quite used to having a pub on their doorstep, as you point out, it was there well before the houses. So why are they complaining? Could it be that opening until 01:30 on a weekend means that they get noise until 02:30.

Is it just noise? or is it everything else that goes with lots of drunken people leaving late at night? Broken glass everywhere, people peeing in people's gardens, vandalising fences, cars vandalised.

I suspect there are a number of people like yourself who go out for good time and can handle it, but there are a lot who cannot control themselves when they've had too many, and those are the ones who have ruined it for you, not the local residents.

its always been like that for years,evan b4 pubs started opening late which they dont round killamarsh any more they had afterbird till very late,u will always get some that cant handle there drink but that shudnt reflect on the people that behave themselves,most of my friends are at least 20yrs younger than me and iv never seen any of them causing mayhem after leaving a pub,the problem is the teenagers that are hanging outside the shops with nothing to do but drink,they are the cause of vandalism,if residents helped these youngsters to focus on something else and gave them some were to go then the village would be a better place.