Sheffield's nightclubs - do you remember...?

:) Hi Nicola..T.C. and I did a lot of swapping gigs back in the 60s and 70s.I was at the Aquarius and also with the cruise ships so if there was a c...y act on at the Fiesta or vice versa your dad and I would swap.We also played with various entertainers and keyboard players.VAL TALBOT(erbert terbert,Phil Freman,David Hales,Terry Herrington to name but a few..Your dad was a good buddy and a load of fun..bless him ..Mick(mike) Hayes..ex radio sheff,aquarius,p& o lines

:) Hi Nicola..T.C. and I did a lot of swapping gigs back in the 60s and 70s.I was at the Aquarius and also with the cruise ships so if there was a c...y act on at the Fiesta or vice versa your dad and I would swap.We also played with various entertainers and keyboard players.VAL TALBOT(erbert terbert,Phil Freman,David Hales,Terry Herrington to name but a few..Your dad was a good buddy and a load of fun..bless him ..Mick(mike) Hayes..ex radio sheff,aquarius,p& o lines

Its been a long time since Iv heard 'erbert terbert'!!! And has been nearly as long since I saw my 'uncle val' as we called him as kids lol. Kept intouch with Dicky Dodd for a good number of years but havent spoken with him in too long so must give him a bell....

It's nice that people remember my dad and speak about him with such fondness, guess he was one of those larger than life characters you either loved or couldnt stand to be around as you found it all too much - either way it makes me feel proud.

Thanks Mick

Nicola

Me and my old mate Jed(must be a few on here know him?)used to go in the penthouse,remember one time in particular two lads came in obviously bike lads,leather jackets cut off denims on top!!it turned out they were members of a Sheffield patch club,one guy was really little(think he was called Greg)anyway they werent looking for bother just having a drink,I think the bouncer took exception to how they were dressed and a few words were exchanged and the bouncer whacked the little guy for nothing apart from he showed no fear!!I remember I was mad as a wasp and I joined in the foray by jumping on the bouncers back and clinging on for grim death!!!I finished up sitting outside on the pavement fat lip/bloody nose etc laughing with these two lads who were older than me,it was 1974/5,I saw the little guy a few times after that riding around on his bike(BSA cafe racer)he always nodded,sure it was him that stirred my love of motorbikes!!!also had a few words with Jed as he never got stuck in!!!little chuff!!:)

Terry Clayton was a great hairdresser and played a part in my training in 1963/4 at Shaws Hairdressers on West Street.

He used to cut Keith Barrons hair when he was working at the Sheffield Playhouse Theatre which was just around the corner, he went on to better things!

Terry was already a fairly successful drummer around the Sheffield area but my fondest memory was when he actually succeeded in sending me across the road to the sweet shop to get the long stand!!!! I got it alright Oh Yes !! .

He He He he was a top man, I liked him a lot.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Used to go to the Daisy regularly in the late 70's early 80's.Allegedly the birth place of the Human League.Remember some nights the D.J. was a Look North presenter,can't remember his name, which was a bit wierd.When it went down hill moved on to the Limit.

Terry Clayton was a great hairdresser and played a part in my training in 1963/4 at Shaws Hairdressers on West Street.

He used to cut Keith Barrons hair when he was working at the Sheffield Playhouse Theatre which was just around the corner, he went on to better things!

Terry was already a fairly successful drummer around the Sheffield area but my fondest memory was when he actually succeeded in sending me across the road to the sweet shop to get the long stand!!!! I got it alright Oh Yes !! .

He He He he was a top man, I liked him a lot.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blimey never even thought about the hairdressing but do remember him doing the long stand thing a few times and its surprising how many ppl went for them too!

Crazy Daisy was later Legends. It was underground, the entrance was in the front of the telegraph and star building.

and in between those two it was the geisha bar - packed out for the first Sheffield screening of Michael Jackson's Thriller vid.

• 3 weeks later...
I was born in 1982 so I have not been to any descent clubs in Sheffield yet, I have had to put up with the likes of Berlins and Kingdom where it seems to be attracting alot of UNDERAGE girls there known to me as 'Jail Bait'
theres a new night at uniq bar,on thusrsday retro house,and dance really good night check it out