Sheffield's nightclubs - do you remember...?

USUK, Sorry I only worked at the Fiesta, not the Cavendish. do not remember the booker I worked on the door and we were part time I remember the guy's face but we only said Hi I believe he booked for both the Lithorpes Fiesta clbs.

If it was the same guy he booked some brilliant acts.

• 3 months later...
Used to go to a MOD's only club on the junction of Broadfield Rd and London Rd. Entrance was on the corner but I can't remember it's name. fell in love with the most beautiful mod girl there, 'suadeheads' we used to call them then.

i remember going to a club theyre called the sillhoutte u went through the door on the corner and up some stairs first time i heard prince buster al capone was there that was around 67

anybody remember the speak easy it was on barnidiston rd or the arc think that was at walkley they were around in the late 60s but my fave was the heartbeat sunday afternoon used to be wicked but liked it in the evening as well we also hung around outside the bowls on the scooters and being told off by the manager mr philips for trying to get in with out paying oops how naughty

• 1 month later...

I saw Tommy Cooper at the Cavandish my brother was one of the Minders and Tommy was missing he went to find him. Eventually he was found in one of the bars, drunk on Guinness, Tony my brother got him back and into the shower to sober up. Tommy went on stage as normal and his act was flawless?

• 1 year later...

Hi Just stumbled onto this site. I worked in Sheffield in the late sixty's for a few months as a 19 year old from Bristol. Absolutely loved it. Member of Cavendish and Penny Farthing, great memories of Tiffanys the Black Swan Top Rank and every pub along the Abbeydale Road. Cavendish I can remember Norman Wisdom Mat Monroe and some guy from Oppourtunity Knocks who used to flex his muscles to tune - I believe Tom Jones played there but didn't get to see him. Promise myself to go back one day to see how much its changed.:)