Sheffield's nightclubs - do you remember...?

I used to like going to the crazy daisy the limit and the penthouse I saw a band called planet gong at the limit it was ether the first or second night they opened also saw the B52s there.

I was at that gig as well, I am sure I read it was their first ever UK show.

• 2 months later...
I can add Bob Monkhouse I was also there opening night courtesy of free tickets provided by the girls brought in as hostesses and waitresses who lived in the flat below me in Totley. Heaven apart rfom the fact that every night they came home after 2am. in full party mode, and didn't go to sleep until 4am

I wasn't there when he appeared but a few friends were, they said he was so filthy they and a lot of the audience walked out.

• 3 weeks later...
I wasn't there when he appeared but a few friends were, they said he was so filthy they and a lot of the audience walked out.

I hated Bob Monkhouse when he hosted game shows, on the telly, I found him smarmy, a bit reptilian.

One night I saw him at Doncaster Dome. Warm, friendly, smutty, brilliant, the best live comedian I ever saw.