Rude Germans. What is wrong with these people?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

I have never seen a full episode of Fawlty Towers .

I reckon I've only seen two or three all the way through. The German episode being one of them. It was funny but not something I'd re-watch a lot.

On 06/10/2008 at 01:46, banjodeano said:

I have just come back from a weekend trip to Berlin, i found the Germans very rude and arrogant, i have never known any other country that can compare to them. Why are they so arrogant and nasty? what can make them behave in such a way? i also wonder if they are just the same with other foreigners, or is it just an anti English thing:confused:

There are 83million people in Germany. 

My wife & I were chatting, waiting to get served in a shop in Malta a few years ago, stood behind about half a dozen Germans. 

The shop keeper shouted us up to the front despite the moans of the Germans.  Neither of us mentioned WWII but the Maltese tend not to forget & the shopkeeper & us had a  nodding acknowledgement.  No words were needed. 

They Maltese are still celebrating a victory over the Turks in the 1,500's to this day. 

7 hours ago, Baron99 said:

My wife & I were chatting, waiting to get served in a shop in Malta a few years ago, stood behind about half a dozen Germans. 

The shop keeper shouted us up to the front despite the moans of the Germans.  Neither of us mentioned WWII but the Maltese tend not to forget & the shopkeeper & us had a  nodding acknowledgement.  No words were needed. 

They Maltese are still celebrating a victory over the Turks in the 1,500's to this day. 

Did everyone else in the shop all start clapping?

9 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Cut him some slack.

There were only 82 million back in 2008.

😁

anyway - my nan was German - and was probably one of the nicest human beings I’ve ever known.

so that proves that the OP is  wrong and all German people are as nice as my nan. 

I visited a church in Genoa Italy ,   A large crowd of Germans were stood around a very large bomb shell still embedded in the church pew section , A guide was telling them in English that the R A F ,had dropped the bomb in the war ,

Many tuts and head nodding , until I said " They made that at end of our roooad" 

The silence was deafening .

On 06/10/2008 at 01:46, banjodeano said:

I have just come back from a weekend trip to Berlin, i found the Germans very rude and arrogant, i have never known any other country that can compare to them. Why are they so arrogant and nasty? what can make them behave in such a way? i also wonder if they are just the same with other foreigners, or is it just an anti English thing:confused:

Could be because of Brexit,  not experienced it tbh,  you must have met a bad lot.

Edited by cressida