The new Doctor Who

Rich

Nah, she said this was the youngest she'd ever seen him, so that rules that one out.

I expect it to be something rather leftfield, and not predictable.

Bring back Sally Sparrow!

I agree! Thought she was a brilliant character and Blink is still my favourite of all the Dr Who episodes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_%28Doctor_Who%29

I like Moffat, also responsible for the empty child episodes and think the series is being left in safe hands but i wasn't keen on this fortnight's offerings... sorry! I don't like Alex Kingston as an actress and she kept annoying me with the 'spoilers'.

The wikipedia write up of it all makes for some interesting reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_in_the_Library

I was doing other stuff as well so missed a lot of it, perhaps it's a watch again when i'm less busy.

She's from the 51st Century and so is Jack - did they also have similar guns?

My first thought is that she knows the Doctor from further on in his own personal timeline/life, and that she has met him several times, as he passes to and fro through time, but this is the youngest age she has met him at. So she exists in a fixed point but of course the Doctor does not.

If she's from the same century as Jack, she could be his mother and if she knows the Doctor's real name because she married him. The Doctor could be Jack's father.

But what do I know - I've never guessed anything about this programme and been right :)

Best episode of the series and it got the lowest audience figure so far, by a long way! There is no justice......

It clashed with Euro 2008, most of the fans must've thought it was cancelled, they cancelled it for Eurovision the other week (and may as well not have bothered for all the good UK did :rant: )

If she's from the same century as Jack, she could be his mother and if she knows the Doctor's real name because she married him. The Doctor could be Jack's father.

But what do I know - I've never guessed anything about this programme and been right :)

Guess you've not been watching Torchwood, then....

It clashed with Euro 2008, most of the fans must've thought it was cancelled, they cancelled it for Eurovision the other week (and may as well not have bothered for all the good UK did :rant: )

Are we talking about last Saturday's episode? Because wikipedia says:

Forest of the Dead was watched by 7.1 million viewers, giving it a 40.0% audience share; the highest in Series Four and the highest in its timeslot.[11] The episode received an Appreciation Index score of 89 (considered "Excellent"), the joint highest score the programme has achieved alongside "The Parting of the Ways", "Doomsday" and the preceding episode "Silence in the Library".

The episode before that had a lower audience share because it was the final of Britain's Got Talent...although why anyone would watch that over Dr Who I can't imagine.

Guess you've not been watching Torchwood, then....

Wow - do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?

OK, an example, the Doctor and River Song marry and have a son Jack. The Doctor has so many enemies his son is not safe. He is given to a human couple to raise as their own, on the understanding that they never reveal who his biological parents are. Therefore, the Doctor at this time, does not know he has a son and Jack grows up unaware of his true parentage.

As I said in my original post, I've never guessed anything right and I'm quite prepared to admit that I'm probably wrong with this theory too but tell me that you can't visualise David Tennant turning round to John Barrowman and saying, "Jack, I am your father!"