The new Doctor Who

Rich

My theory:

Rose absorbed the time vortex and used it to reduce the Dalek Emperor and his army to dust.

If you know your Dalek history, this would have been doing Davros a massive favour, as he always struggled with the creatures he created.

In his first story Davros was seemingly exterminated by his creations because he had programmed them with an instinct to be superior to all other creatures (which included him). He begged for pity, but he had programmed them without pity, so his monsters destroyed him. They obey no-one. They are the superior beings. They are the ultimate universal virus.

Now the Doctor and Rose have wiped the slate clean. In the Time War and The Parting of the Ways, they have rid the universe of the Daleks that Davros cannot control. Now he has built a new army of new daleks, loyal to him and obedient.

(Just a theory... all will be revealed!)

Now, can someone settle an argument? I heard the Doctor say Donna had created another universe by 'turning right' (in fact he was amazed at this as he said Time Beetles usually only affect one person in minor ways and the universe corrects itself around them). Did she create another universe?

If so, then when she returns to the road junction and does the whole self-sacrifice thing, then she must also have negated the existence of Rose in that alternate universe? So was that actually the 'real' Rose? If it was, how did she get out too?

Now, can someone settle an argument? I heard the Doctor say Donna had created another universe by 'turning right' (in fact he was amazed at this as he said Time Beetles usually only affect one person in minor ways and the universe corrects itself around them). Did she create another universe?

If so, then when she returns to the road junction and does the whole self-sacrifice thing, then she must also have negated the existence of Rose in that alternate universe? So was that actually the 'real' Rose? If it was, how did she get out too?

I think the 'Rose' (If indeed it was her - see my earlier post ;) ) was actually just visiting that universe, so she apears to have the ability now to skip between universes (something we've only seen the timelords/Daleks be able to do so far...)

No, the programme was portraying modern British soldiers.

I think the point RTD was making was that in times of extreme crisis, everyone of whatever nationality has the capacity to react in this way. Who's to say we would be any different given a major catastrophe like the one portrayed? And lets face it, immigrants are always the first to feel the wrath of a government looking for scapegoats.

I'm sure Rose also said that the darkness was happening in 'all' the universes? Which would suggest she can go between different realities...

I'm interested to see how this is handled as it was so similar to Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials at the end of the second series. And this idea of planets disappearing is like the idea of Dust leaking away in that. I'm wondering if there was one 'window' left after the Doctor closed the gap, and she has found it. I might have to go and look at Doctor Who Confidential on iplayer to see if there are any hints there ;)

As for the British army being complicit in crimes, this was an alternate world - remember that if the Doctor was wiped out after dealing with the Racnos then loads of stuff couldn't have happened, such as The Master would have been trapped as Professor Yana (and no Saxon), the boy would not have had the 'watch' or the warning about his death in The Family of Blood, and with no Doctor to protect the country from all this alien activity the Government might well have gone extremely right wing.

So what's with Rose? She looked worse than Catherine Tate in Saturday's episode. Had she just been to the dentist, or has she had an unsuccesful bout of surgery? She was holding her mouth in a very unnatural manner and looked uncomfortable.

Next week's episode looks promising. Loved Donna's reaction to being forced to live in "Leeds". Now that, all Sheffielders must have delighted in, surely? :hihi: