The new Doctor Who

Rich

Are the BBC still sticking with the traditional limited number of regenerations or have we abandoned that now each actor only manages a series or two ?

You know I was thinking about this; the Doctor is a 900 year old timelord, but had his first regeneration in the 1960's. Since then he's been very careless, racking up 9 in the space of 40 years!

You know I was thinking about this; the Doctor is a 900 year old timelord, but had his first regeneration in the 1960's. Since then he's been very careless, racking up 9 in the space of 40 years!

40 of our years, he could have spent a couple of hundred years on a beach holiday between visits for all we know.

I blame celebrity culture ;)

40 of our years, he could have spent a couple of hundred years on a beach holiday between visits for all we know.

Actually he's known to have done something akin to this. The Fourth Doctor, on at least one occasion, mentioned his age as being about 750. He's now a little over 900.

Of course, the other important factor is that only his very first incarnation actually ran out of steam and regenerated due to old age. All the others have been due to some sort of traumatic event; and, being the type of person he is, he gets involved in traumatic events rather more often than most.

Actually he's known to have done something akin to this. The Fourth Doctor, on at least one occasion, mentioned his age as being about 750. He's now a little over 900.

Of course, the other important factor is that only his very first incarnation actually ran out of steam and regenerated due to old age. All the others have been due to some sort of traumatic event; and, being the type of person he is, he gets involved in traumatic events rather more often than most.

Over 900 years old? And he only looks about 35! :D

Must be some bloody good anti-ageing cream he uses.

Regenerate - the new skin cream, with pentapeptapetapides, drastically reduces your age and keeps you youthful even after falling from Jodrell Bank or being attacked by a Spider Queen.