The new Doctor Who

Rich

There is no right and wrong; entertainment is purely a matter of taste. There is only people who like it and people who don't.

On the whole I like it, but last night's episode was manure.

It seemed a pointless story and very low budget.

The only thing we learned is that Amy fancies her BF more than she fancies The DR. Or at least she did in that episode.

The only thing we learned is that Amy fancies her BF more than she fancies The DR. Or at least she did in that episode.

All fiction is pointless, and are you're only saying it's low-budget because you've been so spoilt with the CGI-fests of RTD's series'.

All that's happening is people, whether they admit it or not, or don't realise it in their sub-conscience, are comparing it to what has been before with Ecclestone and Tennant; and even I am part of that as I feel that I'm not that bothered about missing episodes. However, I do see many positives in each episode and am enjoying the drop in CGI. The reason being that it will possibly intensify the finale. Sort of a means to an end.

Unfortunately, it's currently in the hangover period from a very good weekend out.

Blimey .. don't watch it if you don't like it !

I have to admit .. I loved David Tennant .. thought no one could possibly be a better Dr. but .. this one has settled into the part perfectly, and I've almost forgotten Eccleston and Tennant !!

I don't follow the logic. The show's not supposed to be watched in order to learn things, but for its entertainment value. I found last night's episode to be quite entertaining, with the three of them struggling to decide which reality was in fact reality.

Just seen a post on forum that Dr Who is going on tour and coming to Sheffield – anybody know what this is going to be about? Seen exhibitions in the past but a chance to see the show live sounds amazing....

Full details on this page

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Dr-Who-Live-monsters-to.6299201.jp

There will be 25 dates in nine cities. It arrives at Sheffield Arena on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 12 and 13.

Tickets, priced £38.50, £34.50 and £25.00, may be subject to a booking fee, go on sale Friday, May 21, at 9am.

Stars such as Matt Smith and Karen Gillan will not appear live on the stage but they are filming new scenes which will be seen for the first time during the shows, being developed by TV show supremo Steven Moffatt

:)

That's what all the men are miffed about, they have fantasies about being the Dr so Amy should fancy him most but who would with a face like that!:hihi:

All fiction is pointless, and are you're only saying it's low-budget because you've been so spoilt with the CGI-fests of RTD's series'.

I agree and as a long time DW fan I've definitely been spoilt since RTD took over, I'm just worried that it'll return to the wobbly cardboard sets, tinfoil spacemen, bubble-wrap monsters and old style lizard with plasticine attachment creatures.

All that's happening is people, whether they admit it or not, or don't realise it in their sub-conscience, are comparing it to what has been before with Ecclestone and Tennant; and even I am part of that as I feel that I'm not that bothered about missing episodes.

Unfortunately, it's currently in the hangover period from a very good weekend out.

True, but I really liked every episode with the new Dr. so far and this one just left me feeling a bit flat. Kind of like "oh, so it was all a dream":rolleyes:

I don't follow the logic. The show's not supposed to be watched in order to learn things, but for its entertainment value. I found last night's episode to be quite entertaining, with the three of them struggling to decide which reality was in fact reality.

Actually, I think in the very old days it was supposed to teach kids a bit of history though the idea went out the TARDIS window pretty quickly. I digress, maybe I'm asking too much of it, maybe I missed the bit I was looking for.

[/b]

That's what all the men are miffed about, they have fantasies about being the Dr so Amy should fancy him most but who would with a face like that!:hihi:

That face should give us all hope, she was all over him the week before last. and if she rather be with Rory well that gives us even more hope.:hihi: