The new Doctor Who

Rich

Missed this on christmas day and have tried finding it on the on demand feature on cable and on the i player on cable and its not on yet they have got dr who confidential on for some odd reason. Why would I want to see a repeat of the behind the scenes show if I can't see the actual episode.

Brilliant, brilliant Christmas episode. I have to say it's got to be my favourite of all the New-Who Christmas episodes. I don't generally take to them instantly, and usually find they've grown on me a bit by the following Christmas! The Next Doctor being a case in point (the one with David Morrisey in it). I hated that one at first, but now I love it. This one though was so well done. Yes it had lashings of sentimentality, but there was also lots of Moffat/Smith comedy too with some great quotable lines, and it was just terrifically entertaining all round. Michael Gambon was absolutely brilliant as the Scrooge character, and the fabulous timey-wimey Back the Future story really grabbed us here. Even Helen Jenkins was good, and that really caught me on the hop.

Loved the new series trailer too. Beardy Doctor! Can't wait. :)

Missed this on christmas day and have tried finding it on the on demand feature on cable and on the i player on cable and its not on yet they have got dr who confidential on for some odd reason. Why would I want to see a repeat of the behind the scenes show if I can't see the actual episode.

Hope you managed to find it! It did get put on a few days later...

• 2 weeks later...

First of all something I don't know; what was that reference to a Duck Pond with no Ducks in the first episode?

Second; how does Amy know so much about the Doctor in the last 2 minutes of the Beast Below?

"all that pain and misery... And loneliness, and it just made it kind."

the doctor says - "but you couldn't have known how it would react"

and Amy butts in "you couldn't, but I've seen it before. Very old and very kind and the very very last. Sound a bit familiar?"

Like she knows the doctor very well at this point.

Then as they hug she says something that doesn't make sense at this stage of their relationship. " hey, gottcha!". ( as if she gets him back from the "gottcha" moment at the end of The Big Bang when he is about to launch the Pandorica into the exploding Tardis.)

(but she has only just left with him in her nightie. And where does her nightie go and how is she fully clothed for the Dalek episode?)

• 2 months later...

Hi all, just thought i wold show my face, im not really a keen dr who fan but looks like there are a few here, and obviously know their stuff, im just after everyones thoughts really.

What is is, is that i build replica props for a living and am about half way through K-9, i will put some pics up below and just wanted to know if all looks ok at the minute. When its finished which should be in about a week i will be putting on ebay i think.

He is all to scale as i have a copy of the original blueprints and will have all lights when finished. THought about putting a RC unit in but going to get to expensive then.

Let me know your thoughts:-

dsc00111r.jpg

dsc00089ul.jpg

dsc00093kk.jpg

dsc00098ki.jpg

dsc00099sp.jpg

dsc00102oy.jpg

dsc00103.jpg

dsc00104j.jpg

dsc00105a.jpg

dsc00107wp.jpg

dsc00110qi.jpg