The new Doctor Who

Rich

• 1 month later...
Well, the new series started last night, with a real cliffhanger.

Whoo-hoo. Spacemen! I was gripped.

I found it a bit confusing to be honest, especially when the Doctor was "killed" at the beginning, then 5 minutes later he was fine as if nothing had happened.

I found it a bit confusing to be honest, especially when the Doctor was "killed" at the beginning, then 5 minutes later he was fine as if nothing had happened.

the doctor who was killed at the beginning of the show was nine hundred and something.

the doctor who got a slap from River Song in the diner was only seven hundred and something old.

Having watched Doctor Who Confidential on BBC3 afterwards i'm also slightly confused. Steven Moffat (I think) said that it was deffinatley the real Doctor and he was really dead. If this is the case then this has to be the last series surely, as at some point *this* Doctor must die - not regenerate - but actually die. If the Doctor is dead, then he's dead.

On the plus side, it gives him 200 years.

Having watched Doctor Who Confidential on BBC3 afterwards i'm also slightly confused. Steven Moffat (I think) said that it was deffinatley the real Doctor and he was really dead. If this is the case then this has to be the last series surely

Steven Moffat seems to understand the seemingly-paradoxical possibilities of time travel better than any other Doctor Who writer ever has - I have a nasty feeling he understands them better than I do, at that. :hihi:

I imagine he has some trick up his sleeve which means that, despite it really having happened, some train of events will cause it not to happen instead. Whether you, or I, or anybody else, will understand the causality is another question entirely!

Hi all, just thought i wold show my face, im not really a keen dr who fan but looks like there are a few here, and obviously know their stuff, im just after everyones thoughts really.

What is is, is that i build replica props for a living and am about half way through K-9, i will put some pics up below and just wanted to know if all looks ok at the minute. When its finished which should be in about a week i will be putting on ebay i think.

He is all to scale as i have a copy of the original blueprints and will have all lights when finished. THought about putting a RC unit in but going to get to expensive then.

Let me know your thoughts:-

dsc00111r.jpg

dsc00089ul.jpg

dsc00093kk.jpg

dsc00098ki.jpg

dsc00099sp.jpg

dsc00102oy.jpg

dsc00103.jpg

dsc00104j.jpg

dsc00105a.jpg

dsc00107wp.jpg

dsc00110qi.jpg

dsc00109s.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hehehehe love it - i wanna build one now!!!

Steven Moffat seems to understand the seemingly-paradoxical possibilities of time travel better than any other Doctor Who writer ever has

<SNIP> Whether you, or I, or anybody else, will understand the causality is another question entirely!

Totslly agreee HN. I still cannot get my head around the whole Pandorica paradox. He's in the Pandorica, but somehow gets out in the future to come back into the past.....my head hurts already. :help: