The new Doctor Who

Rich

Was really looking forward to seeing more of the Tardis. I remember the bedrooms, corridors and ivy covered atrium in Peter davison's tardis.

Unfortunately this episode was a bit rubbish.

Wow. Another disembodied voice in control of everything.

Oh my god, they killed Rory!

(do we really need it spelt out that the Tardis takes the doctor to where there is trouble rather than where he wants to go??)

Love dr who, love s moffatt, loved series 5... Finding series 6 difficult to love so far...

Oh my god, they killed Rory!

Yes.

They did. *sigh*

Again :roll:

it's getting a bit like South Park with poor old Rory. ( Ok team... How are we going to kill Rory THIS week?)

("kenny" mode:- "OhMyGoddd! You killed Rory!")

edit on 19/5/11 at 23:32 to say I should have said "cartman mode!" not Kenny! Sorry!

Edited by Plain Talker

I enjoyed the Idris episode much more than the Pirates one, I thought it was very entertaining (even if it didn't always make sense) and the 'old' Rory screaming about the things that come and hurt him in the night was quite disturbing... I see the 'eyepatch lady looking through a hatch' is back next week!

I have to admit, I started Doctor Who with Christopher Eccleston, Loved It!, then whent and watched every single Doctor Who episode and film ever made that is was in my power to find and watched and completley loved them all. The David Tenant era was fantastic and the first series of the Matt Smith era was slightly odd but good enough to keep me interested.

So with the newest series i had very high hopes.....and they got dashed. Personally i thought the start of the series was very very poor even by moffet's standards, but luckily with each episode it seems to be getting better and better. The latest episode " The Doctor's Wife" came as a pleasant suprise as it had a decent amount of story and leaves several questions. So now I eagerly await Saturday to see what the next epsiode " The Rebel Flesh" wil bring us. D.W: "The Rebel Flesh" promises to bring us, war, clones and what im sure will be some very hazardous situations, lets hope the episodes just keep getting better and better.

And to all the people who slate or have slated the Matt Smith era thus far, I throw down the gauntlet of challenge down at your feet, slap your face and divert your attention here ---> Click "Doctor Who" Script to screen Competition <--- as it seems these people think they can write and do D.W better....go for it, and prove your D.W Worth :P

i love sitting with my children on a saturday evening watching this brilliant, story telling family entertainment (sometimes clutching a cushion or peeking through my fingers!). i used to watch doctor who when i was a little girl, hiding behind the settee when the music came on and goosebumps when the daleks appeared. it really is a `generation` programme and there`s not many of them around. i think matt smith is great, retaining the eccentricity of the doctor although i still don`t understand half of it! who is your favourite doctor who and which actor/actress do you think would also be good?