The new Doctor Who

Rich

The storylines this series really haven't engaged me at all. Doppelgangers who look a bit like the changeling from Deep Space Nine, that daft pirate story and the duff Gaiman one.

Nothing like the Christopher Ecclestone one set during the blitz which was genuinely scary or the first one with the Weeping Angels.

"Dont blink!"

Have to agree. I think this series has been particularly poor. And just don't get the "hey, look I'm quirky" Matt Smith.

Come back Tennant.

Oh my god, that was amazing! Amy was a ... Spoilers!

yes I was shocked, too!!!! very touching story, and really (IMO) made you think about what it actually means to be human, and the nonsense about "you are different than me" garbage when we are all humans, and all experience the same pains, pleasures, and emotions.

yes I was shocked, too!!!! very touching story, and really (IMO) made you think about what it actually means to be human.

I think this two parter is pivotal in more ways than one. It is a reboot story of sorts. It is about how normal people become monsters. It may have ended up a roaring cgi mess, but until then Jenny's story is a logical and well told tragedy of a nice well meaning person being contorted into a monster by events with a direct and truthful motivation throughout.

I see this in many ways as a Doctor Who monster origin tale.

Moffat has said you can't always stand him on a rooftop or stonehenge and have him shout "I am the Doctor!" come and have a go.

A lot of his enemies return next week, but are they against him or has he struck a deal?

I must say i've been a little underwhelmed at this series. The first two were great and they have slowly gone downhill. However saying that i'll watch them regardless! Bring back the weeping angels, they're the only ones that really do frighten me.

I'm very disappointed that the show this Saturday, even though it's only halfway through the series, (7/13) is the last one till the Autumn. :(

what is the sense of splitting the series up like this? It's really annoying.