The new Doctor Who

Rich

Well, it wasn't actually the Doc that was doing the snogging, Dan. Both kisses were actually planted by Captain Mutton as a parting gesture before he faced the Daleks - he was expecting to die. It's not that important to the viewer to know whether the jerk Captain was bisexual not - and the Doc just returned his kiss with a blank look, devoid of any undertones. Miss Lucy's comment of "mind you he was playing a bisexual solid" is frankly cobblers. She is 13 after all. Watch the episode and you'll see what I mean. Keep your "come-ons" in yer pocket until then. ;) If you get the opportunity, watch the BBC3 programme as well, the actor behind Captain Spunky explains the reasons why he kissed both characters in the same way very clearly, and makes it clear that it was his decision, not the writer's.

Billie's snog with the Doc - well, that one was different. It was a definite snog, but it was also a plot point to enable the vortexy transfer thing.

I'm getting confused again, I know I'm dim.

When Captain Jack first came into Dr Who and did his bit of waltzing with Rose I thought that later on in the Tardis the doctor inferred that Capt. Jack could swing either way and would of been quite happy to dance with Rose or the doctor as he was from a more 'enlightened' time period/culture.

I'm sure I didn't imagine this but maybe I'm wrong maybe the dementia is setting in!!

You may be right, but I can't recall that being said. Perhaps it was sarcasm from the Doc borne out of jealousy?

But if that comment was made by the Doc, I would have thought that in 2005 a gay character could simply be written into the script as is? The actor behind Cpt. Jack didn't even imply that his character was gay (in spite of his leather trousers :hihi: ). But it would seem a bit of a silly thing to write into a script - there were no fleeting encounters between the Captain and the Doc, he was all for Rose. Why have a gay kiss out of the blue and then have the actor make up a story to explain it away? Who gives a damn whether the Doc is kissed by a bi Bruce Willis wannabe? If it were a publicity stunt to pull in the gay viewers, it was incredibly poorly built-up.

Thanks Ant for expanding upon what I said, it's just irritating when people read things into TV shows that are not there, which is their own desires and cravings for plot lines that do not exist.

If there was going to be anything sexual, then Russel T Davies would have made sure that people was not mistaken as to that fact, I mean, c'mon, he did do Queer as Folk and Cassanove, he is not shy when doing TV Shows of a sexual nature, but, as I have already said, there wasn't supposed to be any sexual overtones, just light humour at certain situations.

What next, are we going to be saying that because Lister kisses Rimmer in Red Dwarf that Lister has gay tendencies ???

(btw, before you ask, it is series 7 episode 5, named Blue).

btw, before you ask, it is series 7 episode 5, named Blue
Jon is a Whovian. We've now found a Red Dwarfer (what's the anorak term for a Red Dwarf fan?) Still, you've got good taste.

Ah, "Kry10". I gedit! Bit slow on the uptake - it's me age.

Do you have a Dr Who quilt cover and matching wallpaper? :hihi:

Am I missing something, by the way? Is there a Dr Who Christmas Special or something?

Originally posted by Ant

Do you have a Dr Who quilt cover and matching wallpaper? :hihi:

Am I missing something, by the way? Is there a Dr Who Christmas Special or something?

Christmas Dr Who Advert Go to Doctor Who New Series media player Trailers, video diaries and documentaries and you can view it there :thumbsup::heyhey: lets never talk about the 4 foot Tall Inflatable Dalek i have.