The new Doctor Who

Rich

Originally posted by Deavon

(I mean that in the 'you're one of a kind, brilliant, wonderful' sense...

not the Elizabeth Duke sense.

In case you get confused).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh thank you deavon you are soo kind.. pm me! :P

Doctor Who is the world's longest-running science-fiction television programme, having originally aired on the BBC in the United Kingdom from 1963 to 1989, spawning a movie revival in 1996, and finally returning as a regular fixture to television in 2005.

Chronicling the adventures of ten Doctors and more than twenty companions against countless foes -- human, alien and otherwise -- throughout time and space, Doctor Who remains the greatest example of the genre. Doctor Who has also thrived in other media, appearing in print, on stage, on film, on radio, and elsewhere. Today, the legacy of Doctor Who is perpetuated in a range of original novels and a series of full-cast audio dramas.

Doctor Who is about the Doctor, an alien Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey who, by virtue of his people's unique physiology, is able to recover from mortal injuries by “regenerating” into a new body with a new personality. In direct contravention of his people's edicts, the Doctor fled Gallifrey in a stolen time machine -- a TARDIS -- which is now stuck in the shape of a blue British police box due to a malfunction. The Doctor traverses the universe, usually in the company of companions he meets along the way, aiding the oppressed, fighting injustice, and putting his unique and indelible mark on the broad canvas of time and space.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Deavon

Doctor Who is the world's longest-running science-fiction television programme, having originally aired on the BBC in the United Kingdom from 1963 to 1989, spawning a movie revival in ----- etc etc --------- unique and indelible mark on the broad canvas of time and space.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the plagiarism Deavon, but if you copy someone elses work you should at least put the text in inverted commas.

I mean someone may think it was your work!!!!!

For those who would like to see one of the websites this came from see ----

Here

I think you may have missed the point of Deavon's post, lostrider. I found it quite funny. If it was enclosed in quotation marks with a link to the site, the joke would have fallen flat.

Originally posted by Ant

I think you may have missed the point of Deavon's post, lostrider. I found it quite funny. If it was enclosed in quotation marks with a link to the site, the joke would have fallen flat.

Its not about the point or joke Ant, it is about stealing somebodys work and passing it off as your own, whether intentionally or not. There is nothing wrong with pasting and cutting text from the internet so long as you acknowledge that it belongs to someone else. Simple quote marks would have been ok, but you should really acknowledge the site it came from or contact the owner and ask his permission to use it. But in this context it may be taking it a bit far. I put lots of photographs on my website with the full knowledge that someone is likely to breach copyright and steal them. It's really nice when someone takes the time to ask my permission (which I rarely refuse) to use photos or text of mine on their own site. It's just good netiquette