The new Doctor Who

Rich

Missed it due to video chewing tape - the dr who on bbc3 tomorrow night - i assume thats the same episode??

Yes same episode, repeated.

They are also repeated on bbc3 on a thursday or friday night-ish, (check your listings for confirmation!)

I thought it was interesting when someone commented, in this episode, to Rose "you have something of the wolf about you!"

I have to agree that the torchwood theme was a bit laboured.

Still it's exciting to be seeing sarah-jane and K-9 next week!

PT

OMG, are you all watching the same thing as me or have you accidentally managed to switch over to something less enthralling and much less exciting.

For a start, someone complained about the CGI, now, pardon me, but, I would rather have CGI which in my opinion was done rather well than some guy prancing about in a bad rubber suit any day.

Secondly, there IS an ongoing background story, possibly two, Torchwood (which is going to be a spin off series starring Captain Jack) and if you watched episode one "New Earth" then you would have seen the Face Of Bo telling the Doctor that he would appear one final time and tell him a secret.

I personally enjoyed the explanation of Torchwood, it was clever to see the formation and beginnings of this organisation, rather than it just popping into existence.

Plain Talker, you are astute, that is in reference from when she took on the heart of the tardis and became "Bad Wolf".......oh, and well done to Ann for noticing the anagram of Torchwood.

Anyone visited Torchwood House's web site?

http://www.visittorchwood.co.uk

there's a very bizarre link to

http://www.millingdaleicecream.co.uk

which must have some significance but I'm blowed if I can work it out!

The house is open to the public, and provides refreshments, including Millingdale Ice Cream. There doesn't seem to be anything mysterious about that.

Ok but some of the ice cream flavours seem a bit "unusual"...

Golden Age Delight – honeycomb pieces smothered in a rich chocolate and orange ice cream with just the tiniest hint of chilli.

Christmas Surprise – a popular choice! Turkey ice cream with a generous helping of satsuma segments.

Red Pit of Delight – cranberries, raspberries and tomatoes collude to make this a devilishly delightful dessert.

Chalk and Cheese – they shouldn’t go together. But they do!

Royal Turkish Delight – one of our initial top-sellers.

Death By Chocolate – a gorgeous ice cream packed to the brim with butter, cocoa butter, dark chocolate, white chocolate, sugar, buttercream, honeycomb pieces, mint sauce, turkish delight, honey, treacle, cream, pecan nuts, milk chocolate chips, glace cherries, orange crispy bits and yeast extract.

Madame du Popadom – a regal mix of champagne, mango chutney, cardamon and chilli-jellied snail. With spiced wafer.

Magpie Mayhem – Britain’s forgotten fowl. A meaty and surprising affair that will light up anyone’s dessert bowl.

Fish and Chips – red herring sauce drizzled over potato ice cream. A right British treat!

Lady of The Lake – a single strawberry drowning in the finest blueberry ice cream. This was a special dessert commissioned to celebrate the Guinevere space mission.

Silver Giant – creamy vanilla ice cream jam-packed with dragees (those little silver balls!). Best served in a tall glass in front of the television.

Welsh Rarebit – mustard ice cream with cheesey croutons and a Worcestershire sauce – our unique version of the popular dish.

Peas, Peas, Peas – A delightful union of the tangiest lime ice cream and fresh garden peas.

Was it just me, or did that sequence with the monks look as much like a BBC ident as a Scene from the Matrix or Crouching Tiger .....

That's the nice thing about the new Doctor Who - there is so much tongue-in-cheek in there!