The new Doctor Who

Rich

Oh it's bobbar... but yet strangely compelling. It's one of those programmes which, if you embrace the rubbishness, the dodgy sets and scripts and Billie Piper's huge teeth and ever-shifting mockneyness, it really is possible to truly appreciate and enjoy it. As long as you don't try and fool yourself that there's anything classy or intellectual about it.

Although this is coming from a devotee of Strictly Dance Fever - I don't honestly expect anyone to take me seriously as a TV critic...

You will be deleted!:thumbsup:

Oh it's bobbar... but yet strangely compelling. It's one of those programmes which, if you embrace the rubbishness, the dodgy sets and scripts and Billie Piper's huge teeth and ever-shifting mockneyness, it really is possible to truly appreciate and enjoy it. As long as you don't try and fool yourself that there's anything classy or intellectual about it.

Purely escapism and fun, hiding behind the sofa.;)

I just had a look at your profile, and you weren't able to see the golden age of Doctor Who when it was first shown on TV, so I guess you wouldn't have seen the even dodgier sets and costumes that were used in the days of William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, but that was what Doctor Who was all about, so why fix what isn't broken?

If you go to the BBC Doctor Who website, and go to the "help Mickey" or the Games page, you will normally find the links somewhere there. There have been links to different (made up) sites most weeks after the show. The link to Millingdale Organic Ice Cream site seems to feature on all those sites, and the names of the different ice creams link back to the episodes.

If you look back through this thread, there are links posted to most of the different sites.