The new Doctor Who

Rich

• 4 months later...
And Paul McGann :hihi:

(Risks the wrath of Rich...)

Seriously, though, they won't do it whilst RTD is in charge cos he thought all previous 'multiple doctors' episodes were rubbish. Mind you, seeing as we had Sarah Jane, K9, Rose and Mickey altogether last series, how about a companions get together. I know one person who'd be very happy to see the return of Ace...

Plonker! You know Paul McGann doesn't count cos he didn't do a series.. By your logic you could probably list Peter Cushing as a Doctor as he played the Doc in the 2 Dalek related movies.

Plonker! You know Paul McGann doesn't count cos he didn't do a series.. By your logic you could probably list Peter Cushing as a Doctor as he played the Doc in the 2 Dalek related movies.

paul mcgann does count even though he did not do a series he is the eigth doctor

paul mcgann does count even though he did not do a series he is the eigth doctor

Indeed. General consensus from the fans, Dr Who magazine, and other such places is that McGann does count as 'canon' when tracking the regenerations of The Doctor. Although he only had one chance to appear as him, the episode did feature the metamorphosis from McCoy, and thus is part of the lore. In addition that incarnation of The Doctor had other tales in books.

In fact, seeing as the official magazine, fan clubs, the BBC, and indeed all serious Whovians refer to Ecclestone as the ninth Doctor, and Tennant as Tenth....well....that means that McGann must be the Eighth after all.

I enjoyed this evening's episode....bit of comedy, good fun, with a hint of sadness.

Now all I have to do is wait for the next series....hopefully there will be repeats being shown all over the place to keep me going until then.:D