Italian ancestors

hi does anyone out there have any info about the italian quarter ( cupola, copper street,smithfield etc) 1890+ eg what ships they came over on. would also like to hear from anyone called or related to Pelligrino/a ,Saccomando, Gennaro,Cassinelli, Jessamino, Spina/o,Rosso Vitti, Fantozzi, Buccieri. anything no matter how simple may be helpfull to me thanks x

Have you made enquiries at St Maries church and St Vincents as they will surely know the Italian families through their faith.

I know St Vincents published a book on the Irish immigrants to the city.

It's worth a try in contacting the Catholic churches.

Good Luck, Hope this helps you.

hi does anyone out there have any info about the italian quarter ( cupola, copper street,smithfield etc) 1890+ eg what ships they came over on. would also like to hear from anyone called or related to Pelligrino/a ,Saccomando, Gennaro,Cassinelli, Jessamino, Spina/o,Rosso Vitti, Fantozzi, Buccieri. anything no matter how simple may be helpfull to me thanks x

Look on Sheffield Indexers site under St Michael's Cemetery Rivelin and you will see someone else looking for the Buccieri family. I live very close by and have some contact with Vincent Hale, very kind,helpful man.

http://www.sheff-indexers.thewholeshebang.org/

• 2 years later...

I know my Great Grandma married more than once and one of the guys she married was Italian. I did do a quick search a couple of years ago and there are still family members in Sheffield today from that marriage I didn't take it any further and can't recall the name off the top of my head but will check with my dad and get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived