Did you ever work at AC FARNELL or what was your first job

My first job was at A C FARNELL in Kenyon Street late 70's and early 80's it was moving boxes around in a warehouse, sounds boring but was OK good workmates and ladies in the offices...did you ever work there or what was your first job ?

my first job in 1988 when i left school was at mmbells and sons on arundlegate making boxes loved it but one of the supervisers was a b...h quite a few left because of her.

my first job in 1988 when i left school was at mmbells and sons on arundlegate making boxes loved it but one of the supervisers was a b...h quite a few left because of her.
my first job was at baltic bakery in 1959 for two pounds seven and sixpence a week and i got to the seven and six and boy i thought i was rich happy days j

My first job was at Darnall Day Nursery in 1952

I worked from 7 in the morning to 4.30, meals provided as we had our own cook Mrs Davies. So breakfast was cereals at !0ish we would have bread and dripping and coffee and have cooked meal at lunch time.

If I worked a split shift I would have 2 hrs off in the day and work from 7 until 6 pm. Saturday mornings too.

We had 40 toddlers age 2 to school age and up to 9 babies to look after. The babies were sent into the toddlers part as soon as they were potty trained.

No plastic pants and no disposable nappies. Cot sheets and nappies were boiled daily and hung out winter and smmer.

Mothers and children were waitng for us when we arrived at the nursery as they still worked in the steel works where they replaced the men who were conscripted.

I think I remember earning £8 a mth for for a 48hr week.

I loved the job

Hazel

Archived