Neil Alexander Scott

Jennit

Can anyone help.

My sister was recently over from Oz. She used to live on Totley Brook Road and had a disturbing experience in the early 80's. She came home from school early to walk the dog - she took him up Totley Brook Road to the access road to the bridge over the railway line. On the walk she passed a sad looking young man and stopped to talk to him. He had a New Zealand accent and they only really exchanged small talk. However, about 3 hours later, police descended on the railway line behind her house and recovered the body of a young New Zealander found at the side of the railway line. She was shocked to discover that his body had lain undiscovered for about 2 days and it was unclear if he had committed suicide by jumping off the bridge or had been struck by a train and the body thrown to the side of the track where it could not be easily seen.

When the news was reported in the Star, she recognised the man she had been talking to. She has spent 20 + years wondering if what she saw was a ghost or whether she encountered him before he died and could have done something to stop him.

Does anyone have any information about this story or can give me any recommendations as to how I could find out more.

Thanks

• 11 years later...

This young man was my grandfather's nephew, so my cousin once removed. Sadly, he did take his own life. I can see your post is very old but perhaps you will still see this reply!

However, as far as I am aware, his body did not remain undiscovered for two days so I don't think your sister can have seen a ghost.