Private members Bar for the gay Community

gaydad

[quote=gaydad;4180907 I don't think there will ever be a decent gay venue in Sheffield, nothing will ever receive enough support. Dempsey's will survive because no serious investor will be able to see a big enough market. We have already seen two venues come and go in a very short period.The Quarter and Old Crown.

Before becoming involved with this project I was led to believe that everyone was fed up with Dempsey's and they would flock to Identity to have a great time in a friendly atmosphere, the fact that it is at Attercliffe did not seem to bother the people setting up the bar. As I am not gay and don't know the scene I just thought that because Attercliffe used to be the area where the majority of venues were, its location was not such a problem. For me at night its possibly a safer location than the centre. I just think people can't be bothered to get out of their same old routines and the younger generation seem to take their acceptance for granted.

Why don't the people at Identity get a DJ from a big club in Manchester or Leeds to play. Then use that to advertise the hell out of the night??

Archived