Favourite toy as a kid

Asaw

There were five of us so we too didn't have many toys, would watch the other children with their scooters and their bykes and if we were lucky they would "give us a go". Upon saying that my favourite toy was whip and top and I can remember once getting some 2nd hand metal roller skates and practicing up at the the skating rink at High Hazels park - many moons go!!!

i could never manage to do the whipp and top,i would try for ages every now and again and then just give up out of pure frustration

I've still got that.Never liked it that much.It was virtualy imposible to hit the ball and when you did it ended up lost under the sideboard.

That was some swipe!

I did get a "copy" called Wicketz a few years ago, but somehow it's not the same....probably one of those memory things, like every day being sunny.

I'm very envious that you've still got it, though...good on you for keeping it.

The best was Subbuteo Swimming Gala.

Swimming Gala? That's a new one on me. Apparently they even tried a rugby version, but I don't remember ever seeing one.... The same manufacturers even tried a Beatles game in the early 60's, but just how you played that is beyond me!

Do you remember that cricket game you got free with corn flakes (I think it was). It had two dices one for the runs scored anthe other for the decision, out caught,Bowled,lbw, not out etc

Do you remember that cricket game you got free with corn flakes (I think it was). It had two dices one for the runs scored anthe other for the decision, out caught,Bowled,lbw, not out etc

You can make yourself one by getting two pencils, getting the paint off all sides and then writing the runs and Howzat etc on one, and Bowled, LBW, not out, caught etc on the other. Not that I am going to do that at lunchtime you understand.

In fact wasn't the game called '' Howzat '' ?

Archived