First Blue Bins, now Blue Boxes

Just had a blue box delivered in which to put my tins, jars and textiles for recycling. Has anyone else had one? Although I have a Sheffield phone number my postal district is in Rotherham, so perhaps it's a RMBC thing.

Where the hell am I going to keep it? It is quite large and very blue. Apparently I have to put it outside every second week with my wheelie bin, before 7am. It doesn't have a lid so leaving it outside isn't really an option as it will get full of water. After two weeks it will be quite heavy and I have quite a trek to take my bin to the collection point, let alone struggling with the box as well.

I don't think I'll be using it somehow. I'm all for recycling, but I'm not enamoured of the idea of getting up earlier to deposit said box at end of road. I think I'll just shove it in the garage out of the way. I can't get fined can I for not using it ?

i haven't got one yet but have several bags full of aforementioned recycleables. get dem RMBC bwad boyz round my joint. immediatley. drop the blue box baby. it would be a good look.

maybe you could post up a diagram of the downstairs of your home with possible homes for the box clearly annotated (in blue of course), then us forumsters could vote where you should keep the box.

with regards to the blueness perhaps a 'picasso blue period' theme could be added to the interiors of the chosen room so as not to draw attention to the plastic item.

put the box out the night before so you can spend your 7ams in bed.

modern life is rubbish

Forgot to tell you - we get TWO wheelies, one for just rubbish, weekly collection, and one for recyclable stuff, fortnightly. Wonder how much ordinary rubbish finds its way into the recycle bin?

Great subject, though.

Originally posted by Susana

I don't think I'll be using it somehow. I'm all for recycling, but I'm not enamoured of the idea of getting up earlier to deposit said box at end of road. I think I'll just shove it in the garage out of the way. I can't get fined can I for not using it ?

What's the box made of? Can you not just recycle it? :lol:

Originally posted by BigD

Forgot to tell you - we get TWO wheelies, one for just rubbish, weekly collection, and one for recyclable stuff, fortnightly. Wonder how much ordinary rubbish finds its way into the recycle bin?

Same here in Sheffield - but only recently did we get our new "Blue Bins" (for just paper and card which seems to confuse people :roll: ).

In S36 we have had blue boxes for years, then we were told we were having blue bins for paper and card.

In the blue box we put glass and tins and newspapers but we can now only recycle paper. The blue box collection has stopped for economic reasons so now all my glass and tin goes into my ordinary wheelie bin.

So much for recycling. It is not convenient to take bags of glass and tin to the recycling centre at Deepcar as I do not drive and I am not taking a 2 bus journey to do it. I like recycling but really Sheffield City Council is not using its brains :o

There is less being recycled than there was before:?

Archived