First Blue Bins, now Blue Boxes

My hubby seems to think that the blue bin we currently have for paper will be used for glass & cans after the next collection & that we will have a blue box for paper.

I think its a good idea as we always have several bags next to the bin full of glass etc to take for recycling. I hate throwing this stuff in the normal bin so it will save us a job. I also hate standing at the glass bin throwing all the bottles in one at a time.

Thats what we have been told the blue bin will be for glass/cans/ etc and blue box for paper etc.

getting rid of wheely bins in favour of boxes is surely a good thing, for one it will make you think about what you buy and the packaging that it comes in and two it gives the scrotes on council estates less to set on fire and maybe save a few lives in the process. Stop moaning about triviality when more and more people are falling below the bread line every day..

When holidaying in Italy, you have to take ALL of your sorted rubbish to the nearest recycling point, within easy walking distance - no 'personal' refuse bins at all!

Come to think, Amsterdam has a similar system

We don't know we're born with our kerbside collections from right outside our houses

They do in France as well as Denmark, then again I remember pop being sold in glass bottle we could take back to the shops... None of the that plastic bockle imposed on us AND the recycling of. We're blamed for everything! I don't remember asking for plastic bags in favour or paper bags or plastic bockles in favour of glass. The manufacturers have decided to produce and give us hard to recycle and hard to re-use material.

I lived in RMBC previously (now Sheff) and for years we had the fortnightly "recyle" collection week where you put out your blue box for glass and metal, your blue bag for newspapers and your green bin for garden rubbish and cardboard.

In Sheff where I am at mo we have a blue box which is just for cardboard which is fine, but then I have a black bin which I put glass and tins in - I'll welcome the blue box as I don't like putting glass and cans etc into the black bin.

The only downside is the aesthetics of all the bins lined up at home!

i had a blue bin that vanished and apart from that there is no recycling in stocksbridge unless you put it in your car and take it to the co-op carpark but then again you are defeating the object by polluting the atmosphere with your so called governmental data from your cars emissions, dont get me started on the green thing when it is bloody cold out here

mel

Archived