First Blue Bins, now Blue Boxes

OK I'm pleased they'll finally be collecting bottles/tins etc - it's always puzzled me how everywhere else seems to recycle stuff except Sheffield. However I'll have to find somewhere else to stash my compost and so on now I'll be using the blue bin ;)

I'm a bit worried about the garden waste scheme - one bag emptied every four weeks? Nowhere near enough for me. So I hope we won't be getting snoopers on our black bins...

As far as I know garden waste is acceptable in Sheffield black bins.

im in doncaster and we have a black and green bin then the green box for bottles and plastic the green wheely is for garden waste which is emptied every fortnight as the black wheely for other waste some other parts have the blue wheely too it wont be long before the garden is full of bins and boxes

I fill up my blue bin. So if it is replaced by a box which must be far smaller what exactly am I supposed to do with my paper?! Throw it in the black bin instead of recycling it?

I fill up my blue bin. So if it is replaced by a box which must be far smaller what exactly am I supposed to do with my paper?! Throw it in the black bin instead of recycling it?

It'll be emptied every 2 weeks but I still think it'll be too small! Our blue bin is always crammed full.

So what happens to all the shredded paper when it has blown all over the street will they have someone coming around with the bin wagon to fine you for littering when it has blown out the box?

Surely the boxes will have lids otherwise when the are full of soggy paper the collectors will have problems emptying them (elf & safety):rolleyes:

Archived