First Blue Bins, now Blue Boxes

Guest sibon

The blue bin should then be used for glass, cans, and plastic bottles. NOTE, only plastic bottles, not plastic tubs, yog.pots etc. These you have to take to the recycling centres. So while you're at it you might as well take the rest as well.

Drink more Gin and Tonic, eat less yoghurt. Problem solved :D

That is a seriously bonkers set of restrictions. Time to complain to Veolia, I think.

Or, just put the tubs and yoghurt pots in the blue bin anyway. They will never find out. If enough people do that, pehaps they will figure out a way of dealing with it.

• 4 weeks later...

i live in barnsley and have normal grey bin for houshold rubbish, blue wheelie bin for paper , a brown one for glass and tins and a green one for garden rubbish and cardboard plus my 2 compost bins recycle all you can if put a landfill site near to where you lived who would be the first to protest/ complain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno

It does not say anything about washing tins out, ...

From Veolia flyer:

Quote:

You may want to rinse your bottles and cans

Although I remember seeing on tv that washing the cans out is not very green because you are wasting water to do so.

From Veolia flyer:

Quote:

You may want to rinse your bottles and cans

Although I remember seeing on tv that washing the cans out is not very green because you are wasting water to do so.

Not if you use the waste water from washing up or washing your hands :)

Is there anyway you can request they take back the bins? I have never once put out the blue bin and green bin...i don't make a lot of rubbish and my back garden is tiny, don't want it to have 3 unslightly bins in, 1 will do.

• 2 weeks later...

We are two pensioners over the age of 70, we live in a ground floor flat and pay council tax like everyone else. Where is our BLUE BOX? We can't have one! Veolia have told us that any one in a flat or maisonette cannot have a blue box, not until at least the end of the year! What are we to do with our paper ........take it to the nearest dumpit site! Well with no transport, to do so, if you see all us pensioners catching the bus with shopping bags full of paper, you will know where we are off to! ...........RIDICULOUS ...!

Archived