'Electronic' Cigarettes Health Worry

Has anyone got one? use one?

Ive just ordered myself one from the internet after being recommended by a friend, and now i am awaiting its arrival, just wondered if you guys had any feedback

No, but as I mentioned earlier I think in this thread about anyone that has tried it(not sure now, it seems merged)

Looking forward to your feedback on it. :thumbsup:

substitute=the ingredient that replaces nicotine...

the cigarettes my friend had were a sort of flavourless vapour which attempted to combat the habit with the action of taking in air...nothing harmful, just the action of smoking.

Why i see it as pointless is that a decreasing dose of nicotine would draw your body away the craving, these dont...not the cigarettes i have seen-Which isnt just a nicotine inhaler.

its no addiction, just habit - apparently its just vapour

stupid invention

Are you saying that if the electronic cigarette was addictive it would be a good invention? :loopy:

the cigarettes my friend had were a sort of flavourless vapour which attempted to combat the habit with the action of taking in air...nothing harmful, just the action of smoking.

Why i see it as pointless is that a decreasing dose of nicotine would draw your body away the craving, these dont...not the cigarettes i have seen-Which isnt just a nicotine inhaler.

I can't really see what stance you're taking in the jumble of words you've posted. From personal experience I'd say the hardest part of quitting smoking is breaking the habit, rather than any problems with addiction. Let's be honest, there isn't much of a health worry for the electronic cigarettes considering the health problems associated with the current cigarettes. The masses just fear the unknown. NRT doesn't always work - it's success rate isn't the worst but it's still not brilliant.

I do website design for a living and my current client sells these. He sent me one to photograph and test etc.

Regards smelling like cat pee etc, not sure what they were smoking but this one doesnt smell at all and the "smoke" just disappears within seconds of blowing it out.

I showed my mates (2 of them smoke). They were impressed how realistic is is and both of them want one.

Will they be used in pubs? maybe, its doesnt hurt anyone so theres no harm. the odds are they will be used to help quit smoking.

I think they are great little devices and if you are trying to quite smoking this is by far the best and more likely to suceed way of doing it.

You've lost me. :confused:

ECigs HAVE nicotine in them. That's the point. But they don't have the other 1000 or so, crappy chemicals in them.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue, I can't make sense of your posts.

I'll wait to see what pinklady has to say. That's what I'm interested in.

I do website design for a living and my current client sells these. He sent me one to photograph and test etc.

Regards smelling like cat pee etc, not sure what they were smoking but this one doesnt smell at all and the "smoke" just disappears within seconds of blowing it out.

I showed my mates (2 of them smoke). They were impressed how realistic is is and both of them want one.

Will they be use din pubs? maybe but who cares, its doesnt hurt anyone. the odds are they will be used to help quit smoking.

I think they are great little devices and if you are trying to quit smoking this is by far the best and more likely to suceed way of doing it.

Not so sure I agree with these being the best way to stop. The best way to stop, is by just stopping. Instantly stopping smoking won't cause any physical harm, like say, suddenly stopping heavy regular drinking can.

Cutting down, NRT, etc... seems like delaying the procedure to the inevitable outcome... the stopping.

The idea of a healthier alternative though, from stopping, is a different matter.

Archived