Champs, refurb finished, now re-open.

tony_santos

we went in on sunday to be told there was a 1 hour wait on food, so we went to Sam's which was actually quite good (but still quite expense when you add it up).

not too keen on the new paint job in there, it's awfully grey and all the majority of the sports tat has been gotten rid of........i always liked the dank.....shame....

What a shame about this place.

The new look is lovely, BUT....

We went in on Friday afternoon at about 4.00pm, it was empty but still we had to wait to get served at the bar because the 4 staff that were behind the bar were too busy talking to each other to notice their customers.

We ate in there - never again. We thought we'd share some nachos - bearing in mind that in most resturants and in all my experience, nachos are a sharing dish - anyway, the nachos came out, they were tasty but server in a dish the size of a saucer and as someone else mentioned, we had chips - yuk! frozen, manky, greasy, soggy, yuk!

As we were eating, a family came in and wanted to eat in the resturant part, they were told it wasn't open. They weren't told that they could eat from the bar menu - exactly the same menu as the restuarant one!!!! anywhere else in the pub. After a while of waiting they got up and left and actually ended up in uncle sams over the road.

C'mon champs, I guess its OK (if not ludicous) having your manager of the day wearing a 'captain' armband :hihi:, but c'mon lets concentrate on serving your customers!

Won't be going back and would strongly advise anyone who wants good service and good food to steer well clear! :gag:

I actually feel like going into Champs, to meet the ACTUAL person whos name is against that venue (not just the day manager), and shaking them until their eyes pop out. Are they actually blind as to what a terrible place it has turned into for food and service?

I know i could do better, and ive not been long in the trade.

Its just irritating, as im sure they could be onto a winner with the right person behind it.

• 1 month later...

Me and the girls want to go out for a meal tonight and its looking like we are heading here. What is the food like now its under new management, I've heard some horror stories but it appears they have now also hired some new Chefs, so I may be willing to give it another try, (as the food used to be very good).

Does anyone have any reviews of the place?

Archived