Bonfire/Fireworks Megathread 2008, Post info/requests here!

SHarper

These Posts Start In 2004, So Are Not Much Use For This Year

You daft spanner! :P Your post is located amongst contemporary posts and is not much use now, or in 2010 when this thread will probably still be used for the same purpose. :hihi::hihi:

Use the Last Page button to find current posts! Long lasting threads like this are useful in making the Forum useful and easily navigatable, year in, year out.

Can anyone help me? There was a bonfire a few years ago in Derbyshire within about 20 minutes from Millhouses? (Total guess at the time scale) We went in a coach and stopped alongside a stone brick wall. I think there was also a pub nearby. Sorry to be vague but I really want to go there again but cant for my life, think where it was!

It definitely wasnt the Fox house. or The Ladybower Yorkshire inn and it wasnt Ringinglow too. Definitely wasnt Castelton as it was not bang in the centre of any village(to my memory) I believe its in the direction of Grindleford but this is also a guess..

The bonfire was in a field behind the stone brick wall(right next to the passing road) Im guessing it was around Hathersage area but I cant be sure.

Surely there cant be that many bonfires happening in one area so If you have any remote isdeas please throw them at me and I will enquire.. Lots of thanks, Happy bonfire night!

My main guess is somewhere in the direction of/past the Maynard Arms pub? (But it was not the Maynard Arms) - somewhere along that road?

Apologies once again for lack of clarity...

Can anyone help me? There was a bonfire a few years ago in Derbyshire within about 20 minutes from Millhouses? (Total guess at the time scale) We went in a coach and stopped alongside a stone brick wall. I think there was also a pub nearby. Sorry to be vague but I really want to go there again but cant for my life, think where it was!

The bonfire was in a field behind the stone brick wall(right next to the passing road) Im guessing it was around Hathersage area but I cant be sure.

Could it be Eyam? Went walking there on Sunday and it looked like they'd already had their bonfire night tho - the remains of the fire were still burning in the rain. That's just past Hathersage :)

Hi all bonfire night at The Robin Hood Inn, Greaves Lane Little Matlock. Wed 5th Nov

Free Entry

01142344565 for more info and directions

Sorry for the short notice!!

Starts from 5pm - 11.30pm bonfire to be lit at 6.30pm with fireworks at 7.30 pm

BBQ ready from 6.30

Hog Roast ready at 8pm

Also selling homemade Bonfire toffee and homemade Toffee Apples.

Roast Chestnuts etc indoor and outdoor bar and marquis if raining to keep dry.

http://www.robin-hood-loxley.co.uk

Archived