The York, Broomhill, now open....Under New Management...

goldenfleece

Hi - I noticed on your website (great site!) that when you click on the Five Rivers pump clip it links to St Austell brewery:o Please change the link to our sheffieldbrewery.com domain.

Many thanks - hope all's going well down there and the beer's flowing well.:thumbsup:

Hi - I noticed on your website (great site!) that when you click on the Five Rivers pump clip it links to St Austell brewery:o Please change the link to our sheffieldbrewery.com domain.

Many thanks - hope all's going well down there and the beer's flowing well.:thumbsup:

done...sorry about that, got to sort out all my cask ale pump clip images and correct references...some mof them got mixed up and that would never do.....

The beer is indeed flowing well:)

We went in for a few pints last night for the first time and i have to aggree on the lilac, dont like it but the lighting was very bright so maybe if the lights were turned down a bit it might not be so purple!

Staff were really great, makes such a difference, drinks were really good, i had paulener and my OH had some beer or other but we will def be back

PS loved playing the pin ball but it is so loud :-)

We went in for a few pints last night for the first time and i have to aggree on the lilac, dont like it but the lighting was very bright so maybe if the lights were turned down a bit it might not be so purple!

Staff were really great, makes such a difference, drinks were really good, i had paulener and my OH had some beer or other but we will def be back

PS loved playing the pin ball but it is so loud :-)

Unfortunately we cant adjust the lighting levels as the system is not 'zoned' with dimmers that work with low energy bulbs. However, we are adding more pictures and decor to the walls to break up the expanse of colour. Reactions have generally been good so far only 6 people have said they don't especially warm to the colour. More than 3 times that have said they do like it, so the positives are in the lead at the moment........

yes staff are vital to a pub, and they do far more than just serve beer....we have a policy that all staff will be chatty and friendly with customers, try and adopt a first name basis for regulars, etc, so like the Dove and Rainbow, we become good friends with our regular patrons. I hate it when I go into a bar or pub and the staff do NOTHING more than serve you, and make no attempt at conversation or that personal approach....it makes a huge difference!

We have no soft furnishings at the moment to deaden the sound but curtains on the windows will be up soon which will softten the sound a bit, plus we may get a couple of sofas sorted in due course to....

I went in on Friday for the first time as well and had a great evening. I actually quite like the lilac although agree with PatzB that the lighting was a bit bright. Had an excellent pint of the Bateman's XXXB, was particularly loving the old fashioned tankards! Staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was generally relaxed. I'll definitely be back :D

I went in on Friday for the first time as well and had a great evening. I actually quite like the lilac although agree with PatzB that the lighting was a bit bright. Had an excellent pint of the Bateman's XXXB, was particularly loving the old fashioned tankards! Staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was generally relaxed. I'll definitely be back :D

Its about 80% in favour of the purple at the moment, based on talking to people and forum comments combined......It IS bright yes, but it was far too dark before, so I really wanted to make a point with the lighting, as like the Notty, it was quite difficult to tell it the York was open or not with the previous very dim lighting.....

The beer jugs are proving popular......I thought they might be, a pint of ale SHOULD be served with a handle.....well maybe thats just me:hihi:

Archived