The York, Broomhill, now open....Under New Management...

goldenfleece

Scream pubs have always served top quality food, admittedly by third world standards, but it does sort you out a treat. Don't let that put you off eating at other scream pubs, as most things are grilled or fried before they reach your plate so rest assured that nothing will survive. What have you got planned food wise for the york? Looked on your site and it seemed to be pretty simple, sandwiches and the odd burger. Any plans to make the menu a bit more abitious or to have the classic beer and burger offer? Would be a good way of getting a bit more business during the day.

Scream pubs have always served top quality food, admittedly by third world standards...What have you got planned food wise for the york? Looked on your site and it seemed to be pretty simply, sandwiches and the odd burger. Any plans to make the menu a bit more abitious or to have the classic beer and burger offer? Would be a good way of getting a bit more business during the day.

The menu is more home cooked traditional food and daily specials, and these will be changing daily. As for the beer and burger option, I am aware this was previously very popular at Scream, so we are looking at a possible offer in this way....

Disco ball???? Er.....no......but possibly some tables and chairs:hihi:

TV..... all licences, Sky, etc were removed with the Scream Pub, it cost a fortune these days to have TV in pubs..... it does run into many thousands a year now.... 6 pubs in Broomhill and 5 of them have TV, at least 3 I believe have Sky Sports, Setanta, etc, so not sure if there is a demand for TV here......we got rid of the TV screen and Sky at the Dove and Rainbow and trade, far from dropping off, went way up....I see the York more as a traditional drinking and socializing pub, without the intrusion of TV.....but we will see how things evolve.....

Midnight closing applies Fri/Sat at the moment, it will be 11.30 ish other nights, we are playing it as it comes......carefully monitoring who is coming in when most other pubs have shut to see what we will do in the future....

Don't be too harsh on your bar staff if he served a lad in a wednesday top on a quiet thursday evening last week.

That was me with one of the lads who i play footy with.

Went in there on Friday for the meet... I don't mind the lilac. Probably wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't hate it either. The curtains are quite nice, although I'm not convinced about the black woodwork paint.

The pale ale (can't remember its name, Scotch mist, maybe?) was off though, a real shame, as I wanted to try it. Had Absolution instead (nice but not a patch on Moonshine) and some Addlestone's, which is good, but mighty strong!

Staff were pleasant.

Went in there on Friday for the meet... I don't mind the lilac. Probably wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't hate it either. The curtains are quite nice, although I'm not convinced about the black woodwork paint.

The pale ale (can't remember its name, Scotch mist, maybe?) was off though, a real shame, as I wanted to try it. Had Absolution instead (nice but not a patch on Moonshine) and some Addlestone's, which is good, but mighty strong!

Staff were pleasant.

yes the Silver Mist pale ale went very fast.....we will have to get some more in....getting good feedback on all the beers so far but by the time everyone knows what is on its sold out!!! But you will certainly always get an exciting range of beers here......check the web site front page, all the current ales will always be in the 'movie' about whats on.......

We have been in quite a few times now including Friday when it got quite busy, was a really nice atmosphere too

We were in there last night, seem to have adopted it as out local  were you working last night GF?

Px

Last night I was enjoying a night in with a good movie or 2....glad you have adopted it as a local....any ideas you have please feel free to comment, the York will continue to evolve on an ongoing basis....

Yes the atmosphere we are very attentive too, only had to throw out a small handful of idiots so far which is very good, as compared to the Dove and Rainbow where we must have barred over 50 people in the 1st 3 weeks :D

Hopefully the old CD jukebox will be fixed tomorrow, waiting for a new laser from the manufacturer, its taken ages...old technology huh

GUESS THE MYSTERY ALE:

Win 2 pints of the next Mystery ale if you correctly guess the brand of Mystery Ale, we have a pump clip with a question mark on, and all entries go into a jar. CAMRA have been loving it.........starting with quite well known ones but gradually going towards some really unusual offerings to see how good the 'experts' are

Made it in for the first time since the refurb on Sat night.

It was pretty quiet, surprisingly so, the London Pride was nice though.

I'm not entirely sure about the colour scheme, I wonder if that's part of why it was quiet.

I did ask if you were there GF, but apparently you weren't.

Made it in for the first time since the refurb on Sat night.It was pretty quiet, surprisingly so, the London Pride was nice though.

I'm not entirely sure about the colour scheme, I wonder if that's part of why it was quiet.I did ask if you were there GF, but apparently you weren't.

The weekend goes in spurts, same as the Dove....one minute its empty, then a huge pub crawl comes in.....then it empties out again until a further flurry of activity later....you must have come in during an 'ebb' of the tide..

I am at the Dove Fri/Sats, I DJ there and wont give that up for anything....

As we have only been open 4 weeks we are relatively quiet in the week, but this seems due to having no food on....the kitchens are ready this weekend so we will be introducing a classic range of pub food next week we hope...:)

Archived