The York, Broomhill, now open....Under New Management...

goldenfleece

The local CAMRA rag in York is called Ouse Boozer which I like because it's

a, similar to my name on here; and

b, I am an Ouse Boozer, regularly travelling to York to sample some amazing ales.

I think naming some real ales after the forum and its contributors is a cracking idea.

Start by naming one after me: Miserable Sod.

I went in there tonight on a last minute decision to go out, and enjoyed it.

Beaut pints of Guinness :love: I popped to the South Seas after which was shut :confused::rolleyes: then to the Notty, which ran out of Guinness! :gag:, then when I went back to the bar after some thought, couldn't get a lager either as they'd run out of glasses! :gag:

Should have stayed in the there. :hihi:

Sorry you couldnt get a pint of Guinness. I admit we struggled to cope with the numbers of Christmas revellers who were in The Nottingham House tonight. I am sure everyone still managed to have a great time as the atmosphere was fantastic. :banana:

As for running out of glasses, I know we were running short at times but all lagers were available at all times, although perhaps not always in the branded glass.:blush:

Merry Christmas Everybody

x

I went in there tonight on a last minute decision to go out, and enjoyed it.

Beaut pints of Guinness :love: I popped to the South Seas after which was shut :confused::rolleyes: then to the Notty, which ran out of Guinness! :gag:, then when I went back to the bar after some thought, couldn't get a lager either as they'd run out of glasses! :gag:

Should have stayed in the there. :hihi:

I had sent 2 staff home around 8.45, leaving just 3, thinking we would be just steady all night, having checked the Fox and Duck, Notty and the Tavern about 8.30pm, and we all seemed about the same. However suddenly here it was 4 rows deep at the bar until midnight and we really struggled .......so we also nearly ran out of glasses briefly although we managed to keep everything online at the bar fortunately, but it was a real challenge....apologies to the people who queued at the bar for ages just before time at the bar around 1215am, and to the many people who piled in after we had called time who we had to turn away, but it was like the entire population of Broomhill came out at 9.15!!! Most welcome indeed......at the Dove and Rainbow in town we get packed all day until 6pm as everyone deserts town when the buses stop, but I was not expecting Broomhill to go bananas the way it did after 9pm last night.....:).

MERRY XMAS TO ALL!!!

Sorry you couldnt get a pint of Guinness. I admit we struggled to cope with the numbers of Christmas revellers who were in The Nottingham House tonight. I am sure everyone still managed to have a great time as the atmosphere was fantastic. :banana:

As for running out of glasses, I know we were running short at times but all lagers were available at all times, although perhaps not always in the branded glass.:blush:

Merry Christmas Everybody

x

No worries, I was only annoyed because I don't like to mix my drinks :hihi:

Your staff are pretty swift:thumbsup:. Generally I take my glass back to the bar, but for some reason, I didn't on this occasion, and my first thought was 'go back for glass', and even only 12 steps away, so only a few seconds, it was gone! :hihi:

You're right it was a good atmos. :thumbsup:

I had sent 2 staff home around 8.45, leaving just 3, thinking we would be just steady all night, having checked the Fox and Duck, Notty and the Tavern about 8.30pm, and we all seemed about the same.

I know what you mean :o. It was pretty quiet, so when we went for a quick ciggy, I suggested to my brother that we wouldn't need to leave our coats, as I fully expected to keep our seats.. I had 2 cigs, and came back to a full pub! :hihi:

I know what you mean :o. It was pretty quiet, so when we went for a quick ciggy, I suggested to my brother that we wouldn't need to leave our coats, as I fully expected to keep our seats.. I had 2 cigs, and came back to a full pub! :hihi:

yeah it suddenly went crazy......never seen anything like it happen so fast before, even in town....now I wonder what will happen new Years Eve in Broomhill......crazy or average?

yeah it suddenly went crazy......never seen anything like it happen so fast before, even in town....now I wonder what will happen new Years Eve in Broomhill......crazy or average?

I guess probably the other way round. People who aren't going to parties, and go for the pubs option probably pub early, and town after.

Won't matter to me though, I'm working :(:hihi:

Coming up to Broomhill again tonight though to make up for it :)

Archived