The York, Broomhill, now open....Under New Management...

goldenfleece

Any idea if you're hiring at the moment?? Looking for casual work, couple of nights a week, or more if required. If you could reply on this thread or send me a pm it would be appreciated.

Cheers

hahaha.........arent you the guy that was saying how bad the place was!? im sure your going to get the job now.

I was only offering friendly advice, mainly about the decor, but surely it's a good thing that I want the pub to be pleasing to the eye. Shows that i'm happy to speak up when I feel that the pub isn't all that it could be, which is a good asset for an employee.

You will be pleased to know Steve we have in fact taken on the comments re the colour scheme and will be changing areas of the 'Purple Falls' colour this week we hope, starting with the stone floor room and the mosaic floor one, going with darker colours on th e walls to contrast. Other areas will be altered slightly later to to make the Pub less bright......

We currently are fully staffed BTW but feel free to ask at any time....:)

For the very latest, go direct to our web site, that is updated almost daily as its a desktop server so no ftp stuff to login to and upload.....I keep it as up to date as it gets...:)
Oo, that's handy

actually, can I just make a comment? Is the place suffering an identity crisis? Your sig links to a real ale pub and tea rooms :confused: - odd combination, but could work well... but then the website has a distinct 'rock' feel to it. Given the location, and the 'services' offered, perhaps a more focused approach to what the place is/should be would help?

If the tearoom bit in your sig appealed to me (which it did actually), the website would frighten me off!

Oo, that's handy

actually, can I just make a comment? Is the place suffering an identity crisis? Your sig links to a real ale pub and tea rooms :confused: - odd combination, but could work well... but then the website has a distinct 'rock' feel to it. Given the location, and the 'services' offered, perhaps a more focused approach to what the place is/should be would help?

If the tearoom bit in your sig appealed to me (which it did actually), the website would frighten me off!

Cheers for that...useful to know..it is an odd combination yes, but ideally this will become 2 independent business operations..the tearooms is a plan to separate one part of the pub back into a self contained retail unit, as it was before Scream and O'Neills extended the Pub. I think the website will separate in due course too. At the moment its in a period of evolution....

Changes will be made soon to the Pub interior, its all being zoned up a bit more, and this may well change the whole web site too...like any good business we continue to adapt and evolve to the environment until we get it spot on:)

Archived