The York, Broomhill, now open....Under New Management...

goldenfleece

To get back to issues with the decor and refurbishment of the York, could I weigh in with an opinion. It was my first time in the York since it used to be an O'Neill's in 2001; I've avoided it since then due to the Scream refit. Not that it was better as an O'Neill's.

Anyway, like the idea, great theory behind it looking back at the earlier part of this thread. What I wanted to say was - and this applies to the Dove and Rainbow too - what's with all the A4 paper signs everywhere? I assume people can kind of make their own minds up about certain things, or else deduct what's going on, without having to walk around the pub seeing stuff like 'Pub closed on Saturday due to a police notice' or one above the D&R bar describing the finer points of alcohol taxation and the chain of debtors involved in the sale of a pint. I've got to say this is a bit of a put-off. A few well-place and well-maintained signs, e.g. on a blackboard, would do the job just as well.

Anyway, thanks for a nice pint of 7 Hills. Very good indeed. And very friendly staff.

what's with all the A4 paper signs everywhere? I assume people can kind of make their own minds up about certain things, or else deduct what's going on, without having to walk around the pub seeing stuff like 'Pub closed on Saturday due to a police notice' or one above the D&R bar describing the finer points of alcohol taxation and the chain of debtors involved in the sale of a pint. I've got to say this is a bit of a put-off. A few well-place and well-maintained signs, e.g. on a blackboard, would do the job just as well.

Anyway, thanks for a nice pint of 7 Hills. Very good indeed. And very friendly staff.

Your point is noted....we are in the process of de cluttering notices at the Dove and the York, so their will be less paper signs very soon and more useful things like chalk boards

We don't have any more Meet the Brewer sessions until March, so have free reign to run any locals ales we please throughout Feb....any one any suggestions? Abbeydale's newish beer Deception has been suggested to me, but there are so many beers out there, any comments welcome.........

• 2 months later...

York has its pool table back, just in case anyone didn't know...plus we have the pinball machine too, giant Connect 4, bar skittles, assorted board games, etc so its looking good here...and our home cooked food daily specials are going down a treat.....plus beer and burger deals too:)

Archived