The York, Broomhill, now open....Under New Management...

goldenfleece

York has its pool table back, just in case anyone didn't know...plus we have the pinball machine too, giant Connect 4, bar skittles, assorted board games, etc so its looking good here...and our home cooked food daily specials are going down a treat.....plus beer and burger deals too:)

Pool table and giant connect 4- right- see you saturday night :D :D

How much is the pool btw?

The walls are not a good colour, I am yet to find anyone who likes the lylac look! Also your Giant connect 4 is a bit dodgy and you have to hold the thing closed which is reet annoying.

Other than that it seemed nice, had a good atmosphere and all that.

:)

The walls are not a good colour, I am yet to find anyone who likes the lylac look! Also your Giant connect 4 is a bit dodgy and you have to hold the thing closed which is reet annoying.

Other than that it seemed nice, had a good atmosphere and all that.

:)

yeah we need to look at the Connect 4, its in need of some work!! It was left over from Scream and not in the best condition, but we painted it up and thought it looked good.

yeah we need to look at the Connect 4, its in need of some work!! It was left over from Scream and not in the best condition, but we painted it up and thought it looked good.

You also thought mouve walls look good!

Try playing it, it's shagged, fix it or chuck it in the bin!

You also thought mouve walls look good!

Try playing it, it's shagged, fix it or chuck it in the bin!

The counters are all the wrong size and have to be redone as they keep slipping down....its on my jobs list:)

And as to the colour, I only watch pubs in black and white:hihi:

Seriously we wanted to be different, I am sick of the majority of pubs being painted terracoota and cream with hints of maroon...horrible...

almosr every bar and pub is this colour and it sucks.....

some people dont like purple....but its the same with ANY colour.....but here are some purple facts

Purple is a general term used in English for the range of shades of color occurring between red and blue. In additive light combinations it occurs by mixing the primary colors red and blue in varying proportions. In subtractive pigments it can be equal to the primary color magenta or be formed by mixing magenta with the secondary colors red or blue, or by mixing just the latter two, in which case a color of low saturation will result. Low saturation will also by caused by adding a certain quantity of the third primary color (green for light or yellow for pigment). There is a disagreement over exactly which shades can be described as purple, some people preferring more precise terms such as magenta or heliotrope for particular shades. A difference in retinal sensitivity to red and blue light between individuals can cause further disagreement (Wikipedia)

GF

Just wondered why the change of heart on the pool table? I seemed to remember that you made a big deal about not havibg one.

I thought long and hard about the pool table, because we also put one back at the Dove too, based mainly on customer requests. Originally I took it out as we needed the space, and had plans for new fixed seating in that little area, but having decided to create a 'games room' in the room with the stone floor, we decided it would add to the choice of available games. When we have finished that, pinball, pool, bar skittles and darts will all be in one area (we hope they will all fit together) freeing up a lot of space for some new fixed seating.

I went in with the bird on Sunday after discovering that trying to find a table at lunch time at The Place is impossible.

Anyhoo, the girlfriend had not been not been in there before so I suggested we pop in for a pint and sunday lunch. It really didn't go well. She described it as a 'Skank pit' which frankly i had to agree. The sunday lunch although not totally unpleasant was straight from the Aunt Bessie's school of cooking. Must do better.......

Archived