The York, Broomhill, now open....Under New Management...

goldenfleece

Anyhoo, the girlfriend had not been not been in there before so I suggested we pop in for a pint and sunday lunch. It really didn't go well. She described it as a 'Skank pit' which frankly i had to agree. The sunday lunch although not totally unpleasant was straight from the Aunt Bessie's school of cooking. Must do better.......

I have not noticed any 'skanks' in the York, if you mean 'skank' in the defintion of the word that means one

who is disgustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually promiscuous and used especially of a woman or girl.

Sunday lunches been running since January and no one has ever complained, but then I guess it depends on what your definition of a true Sunday lunch is.....its HOME cooking, and Aunt Bessie would be proud!! Most of our customers actually praise it aftewards, and it has been described several times by our customers as the best Sunday lunch in Broomhill.

I have not noticed any 'skanks' in the York, in the true defintion of the word....

Sunday lunches been running since January and no one has ever complained, but then I guess it depends o0n what your definition of a true Sunday lunch is.....its HOME cooking, and Aunt Bessie would be proud!!

The table next to us complained and got a free choc fudge cake (or something along those lines), so I guess your staff arn't telling you everything you need to know....

The table next to us complained and got a free choc fudge cake (or something along those lines), so I guess your staff arn't telling you everything you need to know....

The complaint was not about the Sunday roast but one of our cheaper burger offers....

Jasd75's review made me really fancy tracking the place down and coming in, sounds like the sort of pub I'd prefer to have a sunday lunch in. My ex really liked the Dove and Rainbow when I showed her last year, it reminded us of where we both worked. Is the York in the same style?

I'm a purple fan too!

Jasd75's review made me really fancy tracking the place down and coming in, sounds like the sort of pub I'd prefer to have a sunday lunch in. My ex really liked the Dove and Rainbow when I showed her last year, it reminded us of where we both worked. Is the York in the same style?

I'm a purple fan too!

The York is not the same as the Dove and Rainbow, the Dove is 100% a rock pub, where as the York is more generic in its appeal....there is a colour scheme similarity though. Come down and have a roast one Sunday..

The complaint was not about the Sunday roast but one of our cheaper burger offers....
And I know for a fact the chocolate fudge cake is home made...and as for whats been said about the burgers, the receipe for the home made ones must have changed..

And I know for a fact the chocolate fuge cake is home made...and as for whats been said about the burgers, the receipe for the home made ones must have changed..

The best burgers are the farm sourced lamb burgers, they fly out and are very very delicious indeed. We do cheap burger with a pint deals, which are not local farm sourced burgers, but I have not had one of these myself so cant comment on them yet....but all comments welcome as we evolve the food offer...

• 3 weeks later...

We went to the York for a drink last week for the first time since its refurbishment I was very impressed. The atmosphere was warm and relaxed.

The barman was friendly and knowledgeable about the beer.

Certainly better purple than yellow!!

Archived