Sheffield Forum - Back to the seventies

Guest sibon

Kids eh, they don't know their Seventies from their Eighties. Which is a shame really as that was to be my next thread title... AND YOU'VE RUINED IT.

Lol. Oh dear. See if you'd started this in I'm bored, I could have sorted it all for you... and moved all my clearly eighties posts across. :rolleyes:

Me too. There was a fab shop on West Street called Bringing It All Back Home that sold beads.

Remember Mr Kites?

As for Rebina, I loved that shop. Used to get all my winkle pickers from there.

Ooh i don't remember that shop.

Yes remember Mr Kites think I only drank there once (I defected to leeds for a while)

Rebina. i remember sitting in there on a Saturday aged about 13 and thinking that was it, I'd made it to the sanctity of cool even though my first pair were fairly rounded toed and only two buckled. :hihi: and watching the punks buying their high heeled thigh length boots. I soon had the full range of mod shoes, bowling shoes, the pointed ones with the huge buckle on, the slingback sandals with the hole in the middle, the slouch down boots, the ballet shoes, the pointed ballet shoes, some pink ones, some red ones, some patent ones... i gave that shop a lot of my hard earned cash!

How long did you have to queue for to see Grease at the Gaumont?

Happy now Happy Hippy?:hihi::hihi:

I went to see that there. It wasn't that long but this girl who was a bit older than me had seen it twice and she talked the whole way through it. Completely spoilt it for me.

Have you got pierrot or Holly hobby or Strawberry Shortcake bedding?

Is it necessary to have a bath on nights other than bath night?

Vosene? Surely just fairy liquid will do.

Imperial leather - soap of kings.

Do you use the bath cubes in gift sets or put them in your knicker drawer?

Why don't they make Sunday underpants in the days of the week sets.

Ankle socks. My mum makes me wear long ones.

Cotton sheets and continental quilts. Will they ever catch on or should I stick to my nylons and eiderdown?

Head and shoulders. What is this stuff they call dandruff?

Matey. Extortionately priced rubbish. Use a squirt of washing up liquid instead.

Rumours that Galaxy counters are to be discontinued and replaced with these sweets called Minstrels!

Newberry fruits. How do you eat yours?

Black Magic or Milk Tray? Which one does the lady really prefer?

Where can i meet a man like the one in the Black magic advert?

Old spice, Brut, Aye Karate or Denim - which type of man are you?

Where can I find Yardley perfume cheap?

How do I use those green phone cards.

Archived