The Cross Scythes pub in Norton.

A.M.G.66

My good friend booked her daughters 18th birthday party for October at this pub back in February this year. She paid the deposit and got a reciept to confirm . The landlady has cancelled the booking with less than a week to go until the party. The reason given was that she did not want any trouble at the pub and will not be allowing anymore parties there. My friend tried to explain that there would be more adults than teenagers there and could asure her that there would be no trouble . She even offered to pay £40.00 to cover extra bar staff. She still said no.:rant::rant:. My friend has spent all weekend looking for a new venue. With such short notice she has managed to find another pub to hold the party . The pub does not do much trade and you would think that they would honour the booking as a goodwill gesture. Shame on you the Cross Scythes pub in Derbyshire Lane.

My good friend booked her daughters 18th birthday party for October at this pub back in February this year. She paid the deposit and got a reciept to confirm . The landlady has cancelled the booking with less than a week to go until the party. The reason given was that she did not want any trouble at the pub and will not be allowing anymore parties there. My friend tried to explain that there would be more adults than teenagers there and could asure her that there would be no trouble . She even offered to pay £40.00 to cover extra bar staff. She still said no.:rant::rant:. My friend has spent all weekend looking for a new venue. With such short notice she has managed to find another pub to hold the party . The pub does not do much trade and you would think that they would honour the booking as a goodwill gesture. Shame on you the Cross Scythes pub in Derbyshire Lane.

Sadly, they have a bit of a reputation for cancelling private parties at the Cross Scythes. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Last year they held a ticket only childrens christmas party which they cancelled with no notice at all.

I recomend Norton Country Club. Been to a few parties there which have been great. The catering is fantastic.

same happened when we booked our sons christening party there, we arrived and the room was full of people from another christening who hadnt even paid for the room! landlady couldnt even be bothered with apology, i suggest you try next door at the builders firm as they have a small social club room with a bar and its very good

Archived