Are men and women able to be just friends?

Yes, had a couple of great friends over the years who are male. One passed away, one moved to Nottingham to be nearer his family and we lost touch.

I think it's harder to maintain these types of friendships because the others partners don't always like the idea of their OH being mates with someone of the oposite sex.

Shame because these like any true friendships are very special and sadley missed when no longer there.

I think there has been a thread like this before. I think they can be friends but I think one always wants more. It is how you both choice to deal with the others feelings that determines wether you can be friends.

Couldn't find one, but I thought there probably has been at some point in the great history of SF! :hihi:

Yes, had a couple of great friends over the years who are male. One passed away, one moved to Nottingham to be nearer his family and we lost touch.

I think it's harder to maintain these types of friendships because the others partners don't always like the idea of their OH being mates with someone of the oposite sex.

Shame because these like any true friendships are very special and sadley missed when no longer there.

I know.... I recently got back in touch with a male friend after not being in contact with him for two years because of a former flatmate of mine who had dated him and things went sour. I'm so glad I did - I didn't realise just how much I missed him!

Archived