Are men and women able to be just friends?

I don't know what the debate is about really as the answer can only come from one perspective..it isn't actually solvable as you never know for sure what the other person is thinking or feeling.

You don't but you can usually pick up on certain vibes. Well most people can although that said, I've known some men who've got it spectacularly wrong in the past.

Boy Friday and Ash are your men! Just come along to the next meet. Ash even knows how to operate the tampon dispensing machines!

I am still recovering from the trauma of the last camping meet, but when I start to live again I will pop along. I will make sure I come sans tampax to give Ash and BF something to do. :thumbsup:

You don't but you can usually pick up on certain vibes. Well most people can although that said, I've known some men who've got it spectacularly wrong in the past.

Getting it wrong isn't gender orientated. Getting it wrong is usually the result of assumption.

As you said Suff some get it "spectacularly" wrong. As I intimated earlier...It would be a fool to assume unless it was out there in the open and verbal.

Of course men and women can be friends! We're not *all* sex-crazed, you know!

Probably about half of my social circle is female, and I can say, hand on heart, I'm not sexually attracted to any of them - not because they're not attractive, but because they're my friends, and I just wouldn't go there.

Disclaimer: I've known most of my female friends since I was in my early twenties, and I've been in a relationship for ten years (and married for six of those) so it's not really an issue for me these days.

Getting it wrong isn't gender orientated. Getting it wrong is usually the result of assumption.

As you said Suff some get it "spectacularly" wrong. As I intimated earlier...It would be a fool to assume unless it was out there in the open and verbal.

You're right, it isn't the preserve of the male sex to misread signals. However, in my experience, I have met quite a few men who mistook my friendliness for wanting to get in their pants. Bizarre but true.

Women can be guilty of this too of course, however, I never presume unless the evidence is literally staring me in the face.:hihi:

You're right, it isn't the preserve of the male sex to misread signals. However, in my experience, I have met quite a few men who mistook my friendliness for wanting to get in their pants. Bizarre but true.

Women can be guilty of this too of course, however, I never presume unless the evidence is literally staring me in the face.:hihi:

I agree that has happened to me alot too, I like you don't presume unless someone makes it obvious.

Its definitely possible.

I'm even friends with a girl I used to go out with for several months and that seems to work, so it must be!

I also have plenty of female friends I don't fancy, and some I do but know nothing will ever come of it. So I don't even think it matters that much if one person likes the other as long as everyone knows where they stand.

That said I don't think it works if both fancy each other, because eventually something is going to end up happening I would think

Archived