Are men and women able to be just friends?

May seem like a silly question, but are men and women able to be just friends? Or is there always one person wanting more?

Yes, yes and yes. I have a male best friend, we have been blind drunk many times and nothing has ever even thought of being taken further: we just don't fancy each other! I have lots of male close friends and we talk about our relationships and such, never been anything in it whatsoever!

Yes, yes and yes. I have a male best friend, we have been blind drunk many times and nothing has ever even thought of being taken further: we just don't fancy each other! I have lots of male close friends and we talk about our relationships and such, never been anything in it whatsoever!

Yeah me too. I think it depends what kind of person you are. Some people (male and female) seem to need to flirt with everyone of the opposite sex they come across to validate themselves. I am genuinely happy when my male friends find happiness in love cos I dont want them for myself!

I do think it can work for the two people that are in the friendship but can be hard for partners!

I agree it can be, but if the partner trusts their OH then it can be peaceful. One of my male friends is more or less married (been with his oh for about 15years), we go to gigs, cinema, eating out, allsorts togther and she doesn't mind. When I finally got introduced to her, I made a point of being friendly and talking to her etc....she thinks am cool, and doesn;t see me as a threat.

I agree it can be, but if the partner trusts their OH then it can be peaceful. One of my male friends is more or less married (been with his oh for about 15years), we go to gigs, cinema, eating out, allsorts togther and she doesn't mind. When I finally got introduced to her, I made a point of being friendly and talking to her etc....she thinks am cool, and doesn;t see me as a threat.

I had to ditch a male friend because he was consistently rude to my OH - he would try and exclude him from our conversations and talk about how we had been mates long before he came along.

If I meet a new girlfriend of a male friend I try very hard - talk about how 'they' are invited to this or that and what have 'they' been up to and talk to her about my own partner.

May seem like a silly question, but are men and women able to be just friends? Or is there always one person wanting more?

Of course they are!!....if someone does believe it's impossible then they must be quite shallow or hang with shallow people.

I have as many female friends as male friends and I can talk to them about all sorts and hug them, kiss on cheek and it's just that...friendly.

Some people just assume that their OH never had any relationships/ friendships before they were around and they see their friends of the opposite sex as a threat. Most of my partners have maintained good friendships with their female friends whilst in a relationship with me and I wouldn't expect them not to do so.Sometimes there has been 20-30 years of history between them. It says more about the person who is jealous than the other person. Don't get me wrong a healthy bit of jealousy isn't a bad thing because it shows you care and I find if I feel like that it's more about their time away than the person they spend it with. It usually also coincides with when I'm feeling bad/ insecure about myself.

i have always found that you can have friends of the opposite sex and just be good freinds with them. i have got a few friends of the opposite sex and that friendship is very close and i can talk to them about anything more than i could do with male friends

Archived