Are men and women able to be just friends?

I wasn't implying that! lol I was just wondering what people think about this whole concept of heterosexual m-f friendships as I've heard a few different views on it before...

Surely in this enlightened age of genger equality it's just a social norm.

Granted sexual attraction can and does happen, the possibility of it really shouldn't affect the decision to have friends of either gender.

I'd have a pretty solitary existance if I couldn't have friends that there was a possibility of sexual attraction with as I bat for both teams:hihi:.

Surely in this enlightened age of genger equality it's just a social norm.

Granted sexual attraction can and does happen, the possibility of it really shouldn't affect the decision to have friends of either gender.

I'd have a pretty solitary existance if I couldn't have friends that there was a possibility of sexual attraction with as I bat for both teams:hihi:.

I suggest that you befriend some asexuals, a few nuns and perhaps a priest or two! In addition to your imaginary friends of course.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I suggest that you befriend some asexuals, a few nuns and perhaps a priest or two! In addition to you imaginary friends of course.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'll stick with the cat, he's been fixed to stop any confusion:hihi:

I said it on the other thread that got closed, and I'll say in on here. YES, you can be just friends with members of the opposite sex. I have plenty of male friends who I'd never dream of getting it on with, neither would they with me - does help that I'm pug ugly though....

What is a relationship?

Isn't a bf and gf just a very deep friendship? Why does the physical involvement even have anything to do with whether it's friendship or a relationship?

Where is the line drawn?

Can you be "in love" with your friend's personality?

What pushes that love to the next level that it becomes a relationship?

Can we even explain it?

Why am I asking so many questions?

Who knows?

There has to be something that differentiates friendships and relationships...

I have more female than male friends and always have and I do ok.

Apart from the constant talking and having the wee extracted...

Once a blokes known a woman for more than a few months she stops being sexually attractive to him and simply becomes a person who he likes- thats how it is with me anyway.

There has to be something that differentiates friendships and relationships...

What is it though?

Sex?

Isn't that just taking friendship to a physical level?

Can you see how this just leads to more and more questions?

Hmm?

HMMMMMM???!!!!!!

Archived