Are men and women able to be just friends?

I guess it sometimes happens, but as long as you are firm and ensure they are aware nothing will happen, then as a friend, they will respect that. Miscommunication can often happen, but it shouldnt be a problem as long as everyone knows the score.

I think making things very clear as soon as you get an idea that there may be a bit of toeing the line of friendship is important.

In my opinion close friendships with the opposite sex turning into a romantic relationship DOS NOT work! I have experienced it and seen it with my own eyes! Stay well clear! :loopy:

I disagree sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. There are alot of factors involved. Your statement is a bit like saying eating fatty foods or smoking will kill you but we can all point to people where this doesn't happen. Alot has got to do with timing. I would say I've had a few good relationships that have developed out of friendships. Likes someone else said earlier relationships are often just deeper friendship and sometimes this happens at a time you both want it to and other times it's doesn't.Just because a relationship, which resulted from a friendship has ended doesn't mean it was a bad thing. I'm a great believer in the right relationship for the right time and as long as you grow and learn something from it them that's ok.

I disagree sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. There are alot of factors involved. Your statement is a bit like saying eating fatty foods or smoking will kill you but we can all point to people where this doesn't happen. Alot has got to do with timing. I would say I've had a few good relationships that have developed out of friendships. Likes someone else said earlier relationships are often just deeper friendship and sometimes this happens at a time you both want it to and other times it's doesn't.Just because a relationship, which resulted from a friendship has ended doesn't mean it was a bad thing. I'm a great believer in the right relationship for the right time and as long as you grow and learn something from it them that's ok.

I totally agree Rivelin, me and Mr S were friends for years before we got together. There had been a mutual attraction from the outset, however, circumstances did not permit that we could act on it; he was with someone else and I was with one of his best mates.:o

Yes they can. I think possibly you do have to get the 'I'm not into you' bit out of the way sometimes and then you can have a flirt with that person if that makes sense esp if it's a new friend.

I love my male friends in all different ways.

The close ones I have had a bit of hows your father with however, hold a special place in my heart as i can tell them absolutely anything and know i will get an objective viewpoint back. Also i can go ages without speaking to them and then speak to them as if no time has passed. I suppose it's gone to that other level and i don't want to have sex with them now but i suppose it's never really off the table either...

I've got male mates that i've fancied or that i do think are attractive but don't want to go there with if that makes sense for various reasons.

And I've got some who i find as attractive in that sense as my female friends.

Archived